March 6, 2007

We've Finished!

We started our blanket a few weeks ago and we finished it today. All I need to do is put it in the washer to give it that freshly cleaned smell!
I was having a difficult time as to what to call it. A quilt? No, I don't quilt (my mom does and I'll have to post some of her beautiful work soon). A blanket? Not really. And then I remembered my mom always called them 'comforters.' Yes! It is a comforter. Our Prayer Comforter. It was made to comfort a young boy at our church with Leukemia (also in Q's Sunday School class) and we whispered prayers while making it. I had hoped to knit his mom a Prayer Shawl too, but I learned of another woman knitting one for her. (I still want to make a Prayer Shawl for another mom at our church.)
Q helped me finish up the knots today.
We hope J will find comfort from it and that he and his siblings have fun using it to a make house, a fort, and maybe even play hide and seek. Here is our finished project. We used a camouflage material as our main piece and worked from there. The back of the comforter is a full piece of the camo fabric. It was a neat experience to do this project with Q and to pray with him for his friend.

4 comments:

weavermom said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure the family will be very touched by the effort and care you have put into it.

How is Q's friend doing?

Lori said...

That is really pretty. You are talented. I wish I knew how to quilt.
So kind of you to do for another family.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful thoughtful person you are! I'm sure he will love it! It's nice to know there are people out there such as youself! :0)

Susan said...

It's beautiful. I'm just getting to "know" you and you amaze me. What a wonderful thing to be teaching Q at such an early age. This is really a "prayer blanket" since it's so covered with you and Q's prayers.