While the kids were eating lunch today, I quickly grabbed a nail, hammer and measuring tape to head up to my bedroom to hang the picture. Q saw the hammer and asked, "Uh-oh Mom, what's broken?" I am not sure if I'm usually seen carrying a hammer when things are broken, but I simply told him I was going to hang a picture and I'd be back down.
I now have the picture on the wall - it only took over 2 months to hang it - but it is there now and I LOVE IT!
We usually keep the quilt on the footboard of our bed to display it (and to keep the dog off of it because he sleeps on our bed, argh), but I couldn't help wanting to place it on the bed so I could take a picture with the new picture! The piece above our bed is a cross-stitch that my mother-in-law made us for a wedding gift - it matches the green and peach theme of the quilt.
This last one is a wall hanging my mother made for us a few years after we were married with some scrap pieces she had left from the quilt.
14 comments:
Wow! It is uncanny how similar the quilts in the picture are like your quilt!
Wow. Makes me want to learn how to quilt.
I love the quilt on your bed and the wall hanging that your mom made with the extra quilt material.
She is very talented.
I wish I knew how to quilt.
I bought a picture once (even though I couldn't really afford it at the time) when I was in college. It's a picture of a lady in a garden, at her feet there is a small blonde-haired boy. You don't really see his face, but he caught my eye. I HAD to have that picture, I for some reason had an instant connection with that little boy. Three years later, I met my ex-husband. He had a son from a previous relationship. As soon as I saw his son, I thought of my picture. He would have been about the same age in real life as the boy in the picture when I bought it! Even though I no longer get to see my step-son, I still have the picture hanging in my living room and think of him every day!
That is so neat about the quilts being so similiar! The picture is beautiful and looks great in your room! I love your quilt and the other things your mother-in-law and mom made for you. They are very talented!
Kelli
I love love love quilts!!! I have several old ones...but none that I know the sewer and the story behind. What a TREASURE you have here. And you're right, the picture is absolutely perfect.
Blessings.
:-) Susan
I love the quilt on your bed! I love the colors! I just simply love quilts! I really wish I knew how to make them but I'm not that gifted.
That quilt is beautiful (so is the wall hanging). Your mom is quite talented! Does she want to make me one? ;)
Oh, I love quilts! I wish I knew how to make my own!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt and new picture!
Also, I signed up tonight for the yahoo group! Thanks for telling me about it!
The picture is beautiful, and I can totally see why you wanted it! It is a great match!
(And glad you made time today to hang it up - are you coming to my house next? he he)
Quick question(s) about the yahoo group.....what is the schedule for the next group of books? Will all the book discussions be going on at the same time for this quarter? I'm trying to figure out if I buy all the books, or do I pick one or two that I'd like to do? It's late....I hope this makes sense! :0) Sorry to post this here at your blog. I was afraid you might not see it at mine.
Thanks!
Thanks for sharing such beautiful priceless items with us. Heirlooms are almost a forgotten art. I knew a gal once that finished a 3 generation quilt. He grandmother had started it, her mother worked on it and she FINALLY finished it. I was impressed with that and have never forgotten it.
My mom-in-law quilts. She made one for our bed. She wants to teach the girls to quilt. Of course the kids could all care less about quilting at this point in their lives and they really don't have time. I have no interest so I guess it will be a lost art in our family. They really are beautiful.
Awesome pictures! I LOVE quilts!
:)
Post a Comment