March 29, 2007

Why Momma Roar?

1 - Why not?
2 - I am Momma, here me ROAR!
3 - (most boring answer) It is a spin on a family name

More things you didn't know about me and maybe you still don't want to know but I am going to enlighten you anyway.

1. First Name: Leigh
2. Middle Name: Ann
3. Name you go by: Leigh Ann
4. Name(s) your parents call(ed) you: Leigh Ann
5. Other nicknames (past and present): Hey you!
6. What did you call yourself when you were little? me
7. Were your parents considering any other names (that you know of) before they settled on yours? My sister liked Diamond :/
8. What does your name mean? I'm not sure because I can never find a meaning for my exact spelling. If you see it anywhere let me know...I'm still looking for a license plate for my bike!
9. Do any famous people share your name? I'm not sure - if you know of any, enlighten me! I've seen some other bloggers with my name (one even spelled the same way - very cool)
10. Can you pronounce your name backwards? Nael? Hey, some people can't even pronounce it right when not spelled backwards. "Leigh" rhymes with "me" not "sleigh." I still haven't figured that one out. If you thought it was "Lay" please tell me why.
11. Favorite girls' names: Noelle
12. Favorite boys' names: Quintin, Colin, Keifer (ha)
13. Favorite name you've ever read in a book: Sasha (in elementary school - Poppa Roar wouldn't let me use the name for our daughter - but since she was born in December, Noelle was perfect)
14. Favorite name from a TV show: Kasey - does NASCAR count?
15. Favorite name for a dog/cat: Riley is our bichon frise. Malone is a big-dog name I like - I'm pulling for an airedale terrier! (I know Poppa Roar, it isn't happening)

Well, that was at least 5 new things about me - hopefully you feel enlightened now! If you haven't shared a "5 new things about you" post yet, consider yourself tagged - even if you have done one, your still tagged (I always was a competitive player, tagging everyone on the playground)

Have a great day!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you revealed much! I'm very amazed. Can we refer to you by your name or should we stick to your code name?

Momma Roar said...

However you feel led!! :)

weavermom said...

This was fun!
(And yes, Nascar counts. :) )

Lisa H said...

Loved learning more about you! It's nice to have a real name to go with your face!

~ Amy ~ said...

Great info! Hey, I saw Riley on the slide show and thought he was sooo cute. Loved the "still looking for the bike plate" comment. Ha Ha! I'm accepting your tag and will be working to get it posted soon.

Trella said...

Thanks for sharing! I like learning about people and I like your name.

Susan said...

Loved it!!! You've come "out of the closet" Leigh Ann. Love your name.

Tracy said...

My best friend's daughter's middle name is LeighAnn. Claire LeighAnn. I pray I am spelling it right since I SHOULD know better! HA!

Thanks for all the information! Great to "meet" you!

Just Mom said...

Diamond. Hmmm... You should write a post about what you think your life would have been like had you been named Diamond.

Great post Momma Ro...Leigh Ann.
:-)

Lori said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. It was so much fun to learn more about you and your family. I may have to try this on my site too.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

momma roar: thanks for sharing, always fun.

here's the way it works...pick one blogger out there and tag them by connecting a link on your site. they then are supposed to answer back with their 'facts' and tag one other person.
(listen to me giving the instructions...you'd think i spent my day with little kids or something)
that way not everyone is doing it at once and it doesn't get as old.

Teresa said...

Oh so fun to learn more about you. I have been trying to guess the names of your kids by the first letter that you had referred to them as...so nice to finally know your names. Great names by the way! Thanks for sharing. I love the new look of the blog. I need to do some updating on mine too.

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read Leigh Ann :)
Ok, I will do one soon too :)
Thanks,
Hugs,
Candy

Heather K said...

that was great... I too wondered about your name.. (c:
I'm going to do it on my blog... soon...
Heather

Anonymous said...

That was a fun post, I'll be doing it sometime soon, or something like that.