It is Friday and that means that Kelli is hosting Show & Tell at There is No Place Like Home - head on over to her place see more.I'd like to share a special treasure that I keep with me everyday. These are my wedding rings.
Originally, her ring was two rows of rubies with a row of diamonds in the middle. It was gorgeous. I really wanted to wear it all the time, but it felt too large on my hand. I asked her if she would mind if I had it made into something I could wear with my engagement ring. She loved the idea. I had a wrap made in 1998. Last year, for our 10th anniversary, I had the wrap and engagement ring combined into one ring. It is something I will always treasure. My dear grandma will turn 90 on her next birthday in April.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share today!

43 comments:
very pretty
How lovely to take your engagement ring and then your grandmothers ring and join them into a beautiful ring and remembrance for you.
Susan
Very pretty! My birthstone is ruby also....Happy Birthday to Us! :-)
Your rings are beautiful, Leigh Ann! What a wonderful story to go along with them as well!
I love rubies. Jason gave me several pieces of ruby jewelry when we were dating, and I love to wear them! I wasn't born in July, but just love the gorgeous red color! :)
What a great show and tell! It's so nice to have somthing of your grandmothers that is also so special to you!
Very nice. How special they are because of the story behind them.
Leigh Ann,
I love what you have done with the two precious rings. I'm very short and have small hands, and it felt like too much to even wear my engagement ring and wedding band together. A few years ago, we had my engagement ring plus an anniversary band made into a ring that I always wear on my right hand. I get loads of compliments everywhere I go, and it's one of a kind!
It is gorgeous! I've always loved rubies and diamonds together in a setting. Beautiful. enjoy...
It's beautiful, and I loved hearing the story behind it.
What a beautiful idea!! I wear my mom's wedding ring (it has 4 little diamonds on it) on my middle finger---she died two weeks before my first child was born). This oldest child is now married; her engagement ring was designed by her husband using an emerald (her birthstone) and diamonds!
Loved reading about the story behind your rings! (Very pretty rings, also!).
So sweet!
What a great idea! Your bands are beautiful and hold a special meaning!
I loved reading the story of your beautiful rings. You will treasure this all your life, and then it will make a wonderful heirloom for your children or grandchildren.
:)
how beautiful and how very special. i love rings and would love to have something like this. a ring that you can look at every day and be reminded of a special two special people in your life.
thank you for sharing.
Beautiful!!! I love the meaning behind them, both your marriage and memories of your grandma. THat is something truly priceless! Thanks for sharing!
That is truly awesome! I love the rings and that you've cherished something of your grandma's. Thanks for sharing!!
How special!! And beautiful too! :)
Such a beautiful ring and I can understand why it means so much to you...love the thought of having yours and your grandma's rings blended together to make this perfect ring!! xo
It's a beautifull treasure with so much meaning.
Very beautiful rings. love the story behind them.
What an awesome story. I would love my grandmothers ring to cherish like you have. My mom had it made into a beautiful necklace that she wears often.
My mom has shared her first diamond with Lindsey and Alicia to wear and someday Jen will have a chance as well. Maybe I will have that passed down while my mom is living as I am the only daughter. That would be a treasure.
I love your rings Leigh Ann. Great show and tell!
What a wonderful story that is behind the rings, thanks for sharing!
We will celebrate our 5th wedding anniverary next week, time flies!
Best wishes from Germany, Anita
What a great and beautiful treasure! Thanks for sharing!
That's a very pretty ring.
What a wonderful treasure with such a heart-warming history! Thank you so much for sharing. Blessings ~
Gorgeous.
Lovely story, too.
What a beautiful ring and story to go with it!! What a treasure.
I love wedding rings that are not just the norm. Beautiful!
What a special treasure you have there. I get to wear DH's Grandmother's engagement ring on one hand. I love that.
Hugs.
Susan
That is so beautiful! What a great idea. I actually have that wrap, but with saphirres instead of rubies.
I love jewlery that has been passed down.
What a beautiful ring and what extra special meaning it has besides being from your hubby.
Your weddings rings are beautiful!!! Ruby is my birthstone too--YAY:)
Julieann
Your ring is so pretty, and so meaningful...
My wedding ring was Matt's great grandmother's ring. She died in the 1919 flu epidemic. The ring is engraved with her and her husband's initials.
I actually lost it once. I was so happy when I found it!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *
Thanks for sharing the story of your beautiful and special wedding ring!
And I also wanted to compliment you on perfect cuticles and nails! :0)
Oh, figs! I tried to post yesterday, Leigh Ann, and for some reason the darn thing didn't take.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your beautiful treasure. I where an old ring that belonged to my great grandmother. I never knew her, but I was very close to my grandmother who passed the ring down. Its a single band of platinum with 5 tiny diamond chips set in it. For all I know it came out of a box of cracker jacks, and I don't think it's worth much, but I treasure it. It just makes me feel connected to the past, to a part of family that I will never know, and ironically a part of family about which I can dream whatever I wish.
Enjoy those special bits of history...
I like your new fancy blog header. Very nice fancy pants. :)
I've given you an award, check it out!
What a treasure!
By the way, not only do I like the new fall look, I can't believe you have 38 (39 now) comments! You win the Miss Popularity contest!!! I'm quite impressed.
That is such a beautiful ring and I love how you used the stones from your grandmother's ring too. A wonderful treasure!
Kelli
Beautiful and such a great story to pass on. A treasure for your daughter, perhaps one day.
It's beautiful but what a TREASURE!!!!!!
I love your ring! I too have a wrap right now and my husband and I plan to get it put onto one band for either our 5th or 10th anniversary (or whenever we have the money!;)
Post a Comment