September 12, 2007

Gray skies are gonna clear up...

...put on a happy face!


It rained all day yesterday - which I know we needed - but I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful blue sky today and having less humidity!

Today we have our first day of our homeschool co-op. I'm nervous. Why? I have no idea! I wasn't originally planning to join this early in our homeschool journey - but T thought it would be a great opportunity for me to meet some like-minded moms and have some much needed social time (does he realize that I blog?) LOL

Quintin is very excited about it. Colin will be in the nursery, Elle will be in a class for 2s and 3s and Quintin will have 3 classes. Art, Music/Show & Tell, and Phys Ed. He asked me what Phys Ed was (Apparently, I'm not doing my job - my own child doesn't know what PE is - he even spent the final year I taught in utero - was he not listening?) :D

I told him it was like gym (thinking he may have heard this term before). He confused it with a TV show. Then I told him he'll get to move, dance and learn some sport skills (this he could relate too).

For Show & Tell, he needs to take something to tell about his family. I suggested a picture of us and then he started planning. After supper last night, he gathered us in the family room and said he needed to take a picture. I figured I'd hold the camera and snap a shot of us all together. He insisted that he not be in it.





I don't know why I like this picture so much. Is it because Daddy is between a blink and looks oh so tired (which he is)? Or, because it looks like Colin is encouraging Daddy that everything is okay? Or, because Elle has a big dimple in her cheek? I don't know which - but I wish the photographer was in it.

After Quintin took the picture, I asked him why he didn't want to be in it. He answered, "Because I'll be in my class - I'm taking all of you with me!"


Here's to a fun first day at co-op!


post signature

26 comments:

Just Mom said...

I love the photo.

I can't wait to read about how it all went.

Just Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

what a great picture. i think this is the first time i've seen T. you all look great. i like that elle is holding a doll.

have fun today in the coop. i, too, will be anxious to hear about it; how the kids, and you, liked it.

Anonymous said...

Your picture made me chuckle in a good way! T has quite an interesting face there! C looks so cute! I love seeing kids basking at their fathers! What a great looking family! Hope your day went great!!
Heidi

Myrna said...

That is so precious! I believe the little man is ready for kindergarten! He is so sure of himself. I just sure he is a good learner. And what a wonderful picture!

I have my Bible Study post up. So now I'm going to just let it go and we will see what happens.I just hope someone participates--I'm not looking for a crowd--just someone! I'm pitifulwhen I'm ansious!

weavermom said...

I think it's a super cute pic - especially of Colin! Hope you have a great time!

Pen of Jen said...

Wow...what an incredible little guy. He has great parents and is very well grounded!!!

I love the picture too.

Short Stop said...

I love this picture of you all! How sweet that he wanted to take in a picture of his family! What a sweet little boy!! :) Looking forward to hearing how it went! :)

Jill said...

How sweet. I love this photo, Leigh Ann.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. He is a great photographer and he sure has the right idea about show and tell.

Have fun!

Tracy said...

It is such a sweet photo. Quintin is quite good with the camera. That's one worth framing!

Have fun at co-op. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting nervous at how great Q's getting with that camera. I'm just waiting for a vlog.

The photo is priceless. You guys are such a sweet family and I wish I could reach out and hug you. Please....let me hold that baby! I have a feeling E would just run away :)

I hope the day goes wonderfully well.

Haha, Q didn't know what PE was. That is the joke of the day!

Jane said...

great pic! I love to hand a digital camera to a child...they shoot the coolest pics!

MorningSong said...

So sweet! Let me know how the co-op works and goes! I have heard of the co-ops but remain a bit clueless! I am interested in hearing about how things go!

Such a sweet photo! I think you love it because it is a relaxed snapshot of everyone. Plus it is from Quintin's point of view. Maybe you aren't like me, but I would have taken a FEW shots until we got the right one! Too much work, he nailed it!

Blessings.

kdwhorses said...

What a great photo! I love that he wanted to take you all to his first day of class! Take a breath and enjoy your mom time!

Susan said...

Love Q's attitude that they'll see him anyway!!! So practical!
Susan

Tracy said...

Good luck and I hope all goes well! I am sure you'll keep us all posted!!!

Kelli said...

That is the sweetest photo, Leigh Ann! I can't wait to hear how the first day at co-op goes!
Kelli

candy said...

nice picture! :)

Mrs. Breum said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! Post about it soon!

Dawnelle (a.k.a. Boo Boo)

Sandy said...

What a cute picture! You can almost make a caption for everyone in the picture.....

T: Uhhh yea hit that button to take the picture but hurry before I blink

C: No Daddy, don't blink you'll ruin the picture - It will be ok

E: I'm to cute for pictures!

L: This is gonna be a great picture, but hurry Q cause my cheeks are hurting!

LOL!

Teresa said...

Enjoy the co-op, I am anxious to hear more about it.
I love the picture....Q's response is too cute!

Meg said...

The picture is really sweet! I am excited for the beautiful weather that has been given to us! Hope you're able to get out an enjoy it with your busy schedule.

Anna said...

Fun to see your fam.!

Ruth said...

I love this picture, and I love your explanation about why YOU like it! =o)

Annie said...

Love the photo and hope you have a great day!