Last year, when he got home, he informed me that my favorite NASCAR race driver was there. Now, please understand that I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but while it is on Sunday afternoons, I try to make the best of it. My hubby is not a die-hard fan, either, we basically have it on because we have the cheapest cable TV option of 20 channels and the sounds of the race provide nice background music for Sunday afternoon naps. In the spirit of watching every week, I decided I needed to choose a driver to cheer for. OK, so I’m a woman, I chose the one I think is cute!! Ha, what else am I going to go by? I can’t tell you much about the cars they drive, so I go with #9 Kasey Kahne. Now, I do know that he drives a Dodge and I drive a Chrysler (except mine won’t go as fast as his) and they are made by the same company – so I am being brand-loyal, no?

So, last year, Poppa Roar gets home from his travels and tells me Kasey Kahne was there for the truck company that hauls his race car across country for each weekend’s races. I couldn’t believe he didn’t get a picture or autograph for me. So, last week he heads off to Kentucky again, and I didn’t even think about the possibility of Kasey Kahne being there 2 years in a row.
So, last week the children and I were outside playing and we came in to get ready for naps. The light was blinking on the answering machine and it was Poppa Roar, “Just wanted to let you know that I just stood in line to get you a hat, which Kasey Kahne autographed and I got my picture taken with him.”
My jaw dropped. I quickly called my hubby’s cell and said “Sa-weet!”
15 comments:
I think that is about the sweetest thing in the world. Standing in line to get an autographed hat for your wife from a man she has a girly crush on! The only thing I can think of that would explain such kindness...does Papa Roar have a crush on him too? Just Kidding!!
How sweet!
Ok now thats sweet. I don't think my Husband would stand in line to get an autographed hat from someone I thought was cute. lol
Oh what a sweet husband you have.
We like to watch the Nascar races here too. Derek loves them. He made his Cub Scouts Race as one of the Nascar drivers - #24. You will have to check out my blog. I will post that sometime today.
Well that was pretty cool of him. Would you stand in line to get an autograph of some cute chick for him? I'm not sure I would - of course it would depend what she did for a living.
Thats very sweet!!! :)
I'd say you have a sweetheart and a keeper :o) Not that you ever doubted that.
What a good man you have.
By the way... "we basically have it on because we have the cheapest cable TV option of 20 channels and the sounds of the race provide nice background music for Sunday afternoon naps." I LOVE that line. :-)
I am JEALOUS!! I too, like Kasey Kahne. My son and my parents are HUGE Nascar fans and finally they told me this year I have to pick a favorite. I, like you, picked the one I thought was cute!! Although he hasn't been doing very well this year. Bummer...
Hopefully you don't mind the drop in to say hello...
Too tell you the truth, I didn't know which one was Kasey Kahne! That was so sweet of him to do that. What a good man!
lol that is too funny. I have a funny story about an NHL hockey player..My boss knew I liked him....but he figured I had a crush on him... so for SOME reason he was talking to this hockey player when I walked into his office one day... My boss said to the guy hang on there's someone here who wants to talk to you.... So he hands me the phone as he tells me who it is... I was SO embarrassed..I totally fumbled the conversation...I felt like an idiot, but my boss had a good laugh..well I didn't really mind but yeah... Anyway that isn't what I came over to tell you! :) I was going to respond to your comment about flylady. I used her a couple of years ago (or more)and did pretty good, but slowly slipped back into my disorganized disaster...Well I decided it was time to get back on the wagon a couple of weeks ago and signed up again...All I'm supposed to do is get dressed down to lace up shoes...hmmm....I still haven't gotten dressed and tied up my shoes yet!!! It's springbreak and I'm having a hard time making myself do anything too constructive...Well hopefully this meal thing will help get me motivated!! glad to hear things are going well for you with flylady/meals..etc
Heather
ps
Did you mean to cut your hubby out of the picture with Kasey?!?!oops..
How cool is that?? What a nice husband you have:)
I can totally relate--My husbnad likes baseball--I pick out the team I like because they have cute uniforms...LOL:)
Julieann:)
I agreee that this is true love...and so sweet. I haven't ever been into the whole race car thing....I'm sure my DH "might" stand in line if he knew what a smile it would bring to my face.
Have a great day!!
:-) Susan
I've just started watching NASCAR this year, and I'd have to agree that Kasey Kahne is WAY cute!
You have a sweet husband to do that for you!
I'm putting a special post on my blog just for you!
What a great story! He LOVES you, he really LOVES you!
Great guy and photo. Now I know why you have such cute kids, they look like both of you!
What a wonderful man. I have to say I have one of those too.
We are so blessed :)
Post a Comment