This meme was done a few weeks back by some friends, Weavermom, Penless, Candy and Lori B - sorry if I've forgotten anyone else. It was fun to do, it just took me a little longer to get it started.
Aprons - Y/N? If, Y, what does your favorite look like?
No, I just change clothes if I get too messy.
Baking - Favorite thing to bake?
Breads and desserts
Clothesline - Y/N?
YES! I love my clothesline. My hubby and I both love the smell of laundry left to dry outside!
Donuts - Have you ever made them?
No, but I would love to try someday.
Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day:
Make the bed.
Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes and a second refrigerator in the garage that we brought along from our last house.
Garbage Disposal - Y/N?
Yes, we have 2. One at the sink and one furry one with four legs and a tail!
Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
“Is There Life After Housework?” by Don Aslett
Ironing - Love it or hate it?
I don’t love it but it gets done when it needs to.
Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it?
Well, there is a junk drawer in the kitchen and there is a junk closet in my den, begging to be cleaned.
Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme.
“Blanched almond” No real theme, I like to decorate with wrought iron pieces, because I love how black looks with our almond walls and off-white trim.
Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Accomplishing a task the best I can and making my home a welcoming place.
Mop - Y/N?
Yes. I vacuum first and then use a sponge mop. Twice a year (spring & fall housecleaning) I get down on my knees with a rag and scrub brush.
Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I do it both ways.
Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
I usually turn the light only and then open the door.
Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Sausage and onions are my favorite.
Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read or take a rest to gear up for when the children are awake!
Recipe card box?
Not a box, but a binder. I found a pretty one at the store and I like to handwrite all my recipes in there. Someday I hope to make a copy for my children.
Style of house?
Two story stone colonial.
Tablecloths and napkins -
We bought a second-hand table when we were first married. Now it has some real wear to it so I have it covered with a vinyl tablecloth for the children and a nicer tablecloth for visitors. We use paper napkins – and lots of them!
Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
To my surprise, it is still organized.
Vacuum - How many times per week?
The downstairs gets vacuumed twice a week and the upstairs once a week.
Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Probably 10 or 12….hmmm maybe I should start using an apron.
X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No, but it would help me so much more if I did. I’ll go put that on a to-do list now!
Yard - Y/N? Who does what?
We have almost 2 acres and I love to mow. I love having uninterrupted time. But, now with the baby, I’m not sure I’ll be able to mow this summer.
Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Checking in on the children, making sure they are covered and kissing them goodnight (again).
14 comments:
This was fun to read - I loved the laundry answer! :)
That was fun! Thanks for sharing.
I love reading others "memes". Its so fun to learn more about you!
Love ya,
Candy
Fun as always. I loved your second garbage disposal. Too cute! I have never mower a yard and hope to never have to!!!
It was great to learn more about you! Wish we lived closer and could get together for coffee and a playdate. :)
All these women out there who scrub their floors on their hands and knees ... I admire you all.
Oh Penless, I LOVE to mow the yard - I love to look back and see that something has been accomplished.
Teresa - I'd love to have you over for a playdate, but I don't drink coffee - would hot chocolate do?
Just Mom - Come on, once you try it, you'll love it :)
Hi thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed the meme. it was good to see that I'm not the only mom who lays down to rest when the little's are sleeping too. Sometimes I feel guilty for it! And I only have one kid!
I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you a little bit. I laughed when I read about your 2 garbage disposals. At first, I thought, how in the world would you incorporate TWO disposals? The furry four legged ones of course! God bless!
I have this meme all completed and saved. I was so discouraged after finishing it because the person I got it from seemed too good to be true. Thanks for being a very real person. I like you more every time I read what you write :)
I enjoyed this! I especially liked your furry garbage disposal. It's nice to learn about people here, thanks for sharing!
Great meme!! I had fun getting to know you better! Can you come mow my yard? ;0)
Kelli
How fun, I love the dual garbage disposal...especially since I have one that resents the other! bark bark!
you are another person i would like to meet in person!
Post a Comment