- Who would have know you could get a 4½ year old boy to wash his hands more often by using soap with glitter in it?
- Did the creator(s) of Dora the Explorer videos really think it was a good idea to have children answer her questions and to encourage them to "say it louder?" Apparently, there was no 3 month old sleeping in a pack n play behind the couch.
- Why does Banana Chocolate Chip bread tastes so much better when you made it with your children than by yourself?
12 comments:
#2 - I completely agree. Nikia always chimes right in and says it louder. I love to listen to her talk back to the characters on tv, and the part at the end when you give your favorite part.
I agree Amy, I do enjoy hearing him give his favorite part at the end, and he has been working very hard to use a softer voice :)
Plus, I think it is cute that he believes they can hear him.
Well I'm sure in time I will be able to add to your list but your #1 gives me something to look out for already!!
It is true kids to think glitter added to soap or flavored toothpaste with the kids characaters on them are more fun.
My Megan loves Dora too and talks right back to the tv also.
My kids both love to join in on the baking. I hear I want to help or I want to crack the egg etc.
I bake banana nut bread all the time. Never thought about adding chocolate chips to it. I'll have to try that. Sounds yummy:o)
1) Soap makes all the difference in the world! Mine like the funky smells from Bath & Body and it must be the foaming kind...I love it, they come out smelling like Coconut-Lime Verbena.
2) My kids are so disenchanted with Dora due to the fact that they started out SCREAMING her answer and she still says, "What? I didn't hear you, say it LOUDER!" They so know that she's not listening:-)
3)Everything tastes better when someone else makes it...unless you find an egg shell in it.
Penless Thoughts - oh, yes, you must add the chocolate chips!
Heidi Jo - We use "very festive pomegranate" from Bath & Body Works. I truly don't mind all the extra hand washing, because they smell sooo good! Q has even taken to helping his sister wash her hands!
Kids are funny and too cute! I like soap with glitter in it also! :)
hugs,
Candy
(Totally off topic)
"Maybe with the April 2000 issue of Newsweek?"
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
(Getting back to the topic)
1) I'm going to have to try that. My son hates washing his hands.
2) My son will watch Dora but refuses to participate when she asks a question.
3) Because children are a natural sweetener.
Such a cute post! I may have to try that Bath and Body Works soap and banana chocolate chip bread. Bananas are my favorite fruit and chocolate, well hello, I am a girl.
These were so funny. I've often pondered #2 myself. LOL
Thanks for stopping by Thimble Thoughts and leaving a comment. I hope to see you often! I know you'll see me here.
~Kristi
Post a Comment