July 18, 2007

Say Cheese!

Pictures yesterday morning went well - a whole 2 hours later and we were finally leaving with pictures in hand. Fortunately, I asked my mom to go along, or I do not know how that would have worked. The kids did great - Elle wasn't so sure about it all, but after she saw her brothers smile for the camera, she decided to give it a try.

I thought it would be fun to look at a side by side comparison between their pictures - wow, what changes.

Here's Quintin - 4 years on the left and 5 years on the right. He is getting to be so big. He's starting kindergarten this fall.


Here's Elle - 2 years on the left and 2.5 years on the right. Her baby face is going away.


Here's Colin - 3 months on the left and 7 months on the right. His curls grew in since that last picture!

Every summer, I like to get a picture of me with the children - mostly for T's desk. But this year, I purchased this picture in a frame with each of the kids' pictures surrounding it. I think I will treasure it forever. You saw this picture at the top - it'll be removed when I get tired of seeing myself everytime I open up my blog. I think it is a great picture - it captures Elle so well! heehee
Here's my 3 kiddos!
Thanks for taking a blog-walk done Sentimental Road with me today! And, thank you for your heart felt comments yesterday in relating to the feelings I shared. It is a blessing to walk this journey with friends!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

43 comments:

Susan said...

Four very special people!!!
Susan

Sandy said...

The pictures are great!!!! What a beautiful family you have :-)

Teresa said...

Oh, they turned out so well! I love getting new pictures....I just don't like the photo sessions with 3 little kids! :)
You look beautiful in the picture!

Tina said...

Beautiful photos Leigh Ann. It is amazing how fast they change...

Short Stop said...

Leigh Ann, these pictures are GREAT! The kids look adorable, and you look great, too! The frame for your husband's office is a great idea. I'm sure he'll love looking at these cuties all day!!

Tracy said...

What cutie pies you all are! I love the last one of the three kids. I used to get my picture taken with the kids too. Mostly because I had to hold Collin to have him cooperate. After having his individual picture taken,he was ready to be done. I had to jump in to stop the chaos!

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD! You are all beautiful! I cannot believe Colin. He is growing up and getting so big. Now when we talk I have to picture that little precious face.

Your husband is not going to get any work done looking at you all day long! What a priceless photo for his desk! I love it!

Amber said...

They turned out great!!!

... said...

what great pictures. seriously, not a bad one in the bunch. your are all so photogenic. and it's so nice to see all of your smiling faces first thing when your blog is opened up.

isn't it amazing how much kids can change in a matter of months

Lori said...

Love those photos. They turned out great.
It was fun to see how much they have grown and changed.

Amber said...

OH how CUTE, I bet they make you just want to SQUEEZE them! You are BLESSED with a BEAUTIFUL family!!!

God Bless,
Amber

Just Mom said...

You all look fantastic. I don't blame you for displaying those proudly in your home.

Mrs. Breum said...

Adorable pictures! They turned out so well. I love the one with you and the kids.

And, your oldest son has the most beautiful eyes! (Or should I say handsome?).

:)

Jen said...

Love the pictures! I too like to take my kids every 6 months to have their pictures taken! They change so fast!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

love the pictures leigh ann!

MorningSong said...

Great pictures!!! They have grown so much! I think Elle's pic from last year looked like it could have been you. I am glad you included 'the Momma' in the pics too! Very cute family!

I need to have a family pic made and you have inspired me. Our last good pic HC was 18 months and JB was in the womb. I think we need another picture. We took one last year but it didn't turn out very well! We tried though. :) I've kept up their pics, just not the family ones. I need to get my hair cut and schedule an appt! :)

By the way - as of today I have a nice new book to read. :) My reward came in yesterday. Looking forward to reading it! Thanks again!

Ruth said...

Oh, those pictures are AWESOME! All of them came out just great. Kids do grow up so fast, don't they. (Sigh...)

Anonymous said...

LA: These are great! You & T do some great work! Love your pictures!!! HJW

weavermom said...

They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very good pictures

Pen of Jen said...

I love the photos on top and would never remove(until next year photos)

The kids sure have grown alot!!!

And I see that the kids look quite a bit like their mom:)

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, Leigh Ann! Everyone is just precious ... even YOU!! :o) Your header looks so good with everyone on it!

Kelli said...

Those are wonderful pictures! What beautiful children you have, they have really changed in the past year...such cuties! I especially like the picture of them with their pretty mama!!

Hugs,
Kelli

Myrna said...

Oh.My.Goodness! The pictures are great1

Children's eyes say so much. Your children have great eyes--Bright and full of life and love! And--You are a beautiful Mom in the middle of all of them!

Kris said...

What great pictures! I love the littlest one! He is quite the cutie pie! I like Elle's hair, too. My little Ellie might get cute little bob like that after the summer!
K

Kerry said...

What adorable pics. I love the one with you and your children. I never take one w/ mine....what a great idea!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Such a great photo session! I love these and they look great on your banner. Your family is beautiful.

I love the side by side shots -t ehy really show the growth through the year.

Meg said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute I think the kids have grown and changed since this morning. JK

I just love looking at the new pics. It's just so fun! One good thing about when my kids were small is that we did our photo sessions right here in the house. Sure did make life easier :)

Annie said...

It's amazing how much your children have changed in such a short amount of time, they are precious. Beautiful pictures!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I just love their new pictures...especially the one with you...what a treasure! It's always so much fun to see how kids change in such a short amount of time too!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Those are great pictures! I rarely like the professional pictures taken of all of us. lol!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Heather K said...

wow! those pictures are awesome!! Did you go to an expensive photographer? I've been thinking about doing this with my girls too...but at walmart...hopefully they won't look like discount pics!!!
Your kids are beautiful! and so is their Mama!!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the invite, Leigh Ann! Wouldn't it be fun if Becky and I really could stop by for a visit?! I would of course bring along some Pepsi. :0)

Yes, Grace is wearing her new sailor dress. I'm going to have to bribe her into wearing something else tomorrow...it needs to be washed! LOL She wanted to sleep in it last night!
Kelli

TO BECOME said...

I loved the pictures. Your children are most precious. Thank you for sharing them with us. I love your new blog page. It is so much clearer and better. When you had the birthday things going on, I was by but didnot comment very often. Have and very good day and may God bless you and your family. connie from Texas

Alycia said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I just love them! I like how you also shared their last summer picture as well! Blessings!

Jill said...

That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. It's amazing how fast their little faces and features change, isn't it? Where did you get these taken?

Kari said...

Priceless!

Kerrie said...

LEIGH - ANN - GET OUT!! How adorable are those pictures? Are you kidding me? Lordy! I LOVE them!!!

Tracy said...

Can you get any cuter?!?? And your kiddos!! P*R*I*C*E*L*E*S*S!!!

Susan said...

Wow...I go away for a few days (OK a lot of days) and your blog has these great new pics on it!! I love the pictures...they reflect the Mother you are and the beautiful children you are raising.

Hugs!!

:-) Susan

Tara O said...

Those are fantastic photos and kudos to you for getting in front of the camera with them (I refuse-LOL)