July 16, 2007

In the kitchen...

While drinking a Pepsi (my usual 24 ouncer), T looks at me and says teasingly, "That's not good for you...all that caffeine."

So, I question him, "So, do you want clean clothes, a clean house, a meal and children who act somewhat civil?"


T jokingly answers with his own question, "Is that too much to ask for? You can't get it done without the caffeine?"

Picking up a monster cookie, I answer, "No, I can't. I need the chocolate too!"

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

32 comments:

Susan said...

You probably really needed it this morning!!! he he I love the relationship you and T have.
((hugs))
Susan

weavermom said...

Those boys... they want everything. All the chores AND healthy living. tsk, tsk. ;)

I'm kidding you. I think you handled it perfectly!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I can relate!

Have a great week!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

my spiritual husband would have said one of two things...

-"with God all things are possible, Heidi"

or

-"offer it up"

my response to both would not have been good.

Jane said...

i need to go get my first cup of the day, i am really dragging!

Jen said...

My drive is Diet Coke. I can't get through a day without having at least one!!!! Love the cookie part! You are a funny girl!

Momma Roar said...

And guess what? I don't have any pepsi in the house today. We MUST go for groceries.

T always laughs at me in winter, when a storm is coming and everyone else is running for bread and milk - I'm running to get pepsi and doritoes!! What am I gonna do with bread and milk? ;)

Mrs. Breum said...

In my fridge there is a healthy assortment of veggies, whole grain tortillas, organic milk, lowfat cheese sticks, fresh fruit...

sitting next to a huge box of Pepsi. Chilled and waiting for me. With straws neaby (I MUST have a straw). Such a bad habit, but SO GOOD! I can't help it. I can't! I'm glad to hear someone else is drinking it with me!

Heidi, my husband's one dream (hope) is that I stop drinking Pepsi! ;)He only drinks water!

Elizabeth said...

LOL! Yep, I have a little addiction with coffee going on. My snarky response to people who question my coffee loving ways is: I'll give up the coffee if you lose some weight. HOw's that sound?

Ha!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy drinking pepsi as well. I have always enjoyed soda, but it got a lot worse when I was pregnant with A...I needed one everyday. Now I can go a day without... or make sure I drink them out of sight. E and E really like soda as well. My hubby has more self control when it comes to soda, but does enjoy Mountain Dew.
Fun Blog! :)

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Cute cute cute! Love it!

Short Stop said...

SO funny! I'm with you...I can't make it through the day without some type of caffeine. AND chocolate!! :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Good for you! And Monster cookies to go with it....love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!

TO BECOME said...

Well, it seems to work well for you, me, I would be swinging from the lights all day long. You don't want to see a 200 lb mama swinging from the light, I promise. I wonder why things like that effect people different. connie from Texas

Kerrie said...

HA!!!!

Sonya said...

LOL! I am the same way exactly!

Sandy said...

LOL You are my kinda girlfriend! I'm right there with you (except substitute the Pepsi for a Coffee!)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

lol! That's how I am with my Dr Pepper. ;)

MorningSong said...

I am a Coke girl!! I have Chocolate flashes here and there too.

What kind of man expects clean laundry WITHOUT a hit or two of caffeine? :)

It is nice when my blogging friends talk about the fun moments with hubby. It makes him seem real. haha

Kris said...

A bit of chocolate everyday,
keeps mommy in a happy way!
K

Anonymous said...

I gave up the Coke and coffee, but you will find my husband makes chocolate runs to the store without even being asked. I guess he just knows when I need a little sweetening up.

Come to think of it, I eat chocolate a LOT! Do you think that says something about me?

I like Kris' comment. As I always say, "A happy wife makes for a happy life!"

PS my email is not working right now :(

Just Mom said...

Coffee....Must. Have. Coffee.

BTW, the package arrived today. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
:-D

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ok, I admit, I can't stand soda - hate the bubbles. BUT, I am so addicted to these Fruit2O energy drinks with 120 mg of caffine...woo hoo! Yes, we will make it through the day!

Tracy said...

I LOVE PEPSI as well...can I have some of those monster cookies?!?!?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Too, too funny!!!

Lori said...

Ha! Love your conversations.
I agree Yes, we do need our caffeine.
Our cappuccinos, or pop or chocolate. However we can get it. Only because I am addicted to coke, cappuccinos, and chocolate too.

Amber said...

ROFL!!! So true!!!

BTW, thanks for the tip, I'll try it after the Febreze dries, I drenched my floor with it. And Diana left a little message on my blog for us.

0:) Amber

Ruth said...

LOL!! Great answers...both of them. And, I heartedly agree. I am in the sad process of weaning myself from Coca-Cola. I don't want to, but I know I need to. (sigh) Why does that stuff have to be so bad for me??

Kelli said...

Oh, I love it!! It doesn't take much to keep us mommies happy does it?! ;0)
Kelli

... said...

i thought i left a comment earlier, but i guess i didn't.

and now that it's late at night and you have me thinking about caffeine and chocolate, i realize that i had three sodas and two ice teas today (way too much). but NO chocolate. how did i miss that today?

Tara O said...

LOL...go get him