July 2, 2007

A Winner, a Meme and Birthday Give-Away #2

After writing everyone's name on a slip of paper (and only one time. So those of you who tried to enter more than one time by leaving multiple comments - Shame On You!! haa haa) and putting all the names in my Favorite Kasey Kahne hat, the name I drew was:

SewSensible

Congratulations!

Just send me an email with your name and address and I'll get the subscription started for you.

*********************************************

Diana's tagged me for this meme (I know some of you have tagged me for others and I plan to do them this week, this one was just fresh in my mind!)

I'm not going to tag anyone, but thought it would be fun to answer these - 'cause I know how much everyone loves learning about me! lol

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? We were just married a year and living in an apartment about 25 minutes from where we live now. I would have just graduated from West Chester U in May and was beginning to look for a teaching position.

2. What were you doing 1 year ago? I was pregnant with Colin and was chasing a preschooler and a toddler around the house - I was tired!

3. Five snacks you enjoy? Pretzels, cheese curls, candy, ice cream and chips

4. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics: Superchick's Barlow Girls, theme song to Greatest American Hero, Be Thou My Vision, Praise You in the Storm, You are Amazing God

5. Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Tithe
Get myself a laptop
Give to many charities and missionaries
Hire someone to clean my house so I can spend more time volunteering at local shelters (once the kids are older and can come along)
Host the Biggest. Bloggin'. Party. Ever.

6. Five bad habits:
Too much time on the computer
Hogging the bed
Loading the dishwasher, filling with soap and walking away (totally unaware that I forgot to start it)
Letting the clothes that need ironed pile up
Spreading myself too thin to help others

7. Five things you like doing:
Spending time with my family
Going to the beach
Baking
Making new friends
Playing on the computer

8. Five things you would never wear again:
Short shorts
Nylon sweat pants and a polo shirt - from my PE teaching days
Turtlenecks
Toe rings
My hair super short

9. Five favorite toys
Camera
Computer
My mixer
Double ovens in kitchen (one is a convection oven so that is really fun to play with)
Anything one of my children are playing with.

*********************************************
And, now for the part you've all been waiting for!

Today's give-away is the book the book "God Sto*ries from Lan*cas*ter County."

This book consists of 365 faith-lifting daily readings prepared by leaders of congregations and ministries, as well as leaders in the marketplace of commerce, business, government, education and the arts, all from Lancaster County.

Three such books have actually been written, and you can read more here.



I…pray…for those who will believe in me through their word, that they all may be one as you, Father, are in me and I in you. I pray that they may be one in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. John 17:20–21

Book info was taken from the website of the Regional Church of Lancaster County.

Good luck to everyone - I will again draw the lucky winner (from my Kasey Kahne hat) from this posts's comments tomorrow morning at 7am est. Feel free to leave as many comments as you like, but you're name will only be entered once - GINGER, AISHA and MELODYE!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

22 comments:

Amber said...

Ha, I got my mom that book. BTW, I'm having another contest too and you're kinda sorta in it.

God Bless,
Amber

Sandy said...

Wow I thought I was first! Oh well, please enter meeeeeeeeeee!

Tina said...

I love Be Thou My Vision! Hey, my best friend is in Harrisburg right now.

Just Mom said...

I don't recall you ever listing rules when you started the contest. ;-D

OK, enter me in this one, please.

By the way:
"Believe it or not,
I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free-e-e-.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me."

:-D

Lori said...

Sign me up. I like to read.

Amber said...

My bad, THIS is what I got her, well kinda, I bought her an Amazon gift card and she bought it, but that still counts yes?!

Susan said...

I think I'm #7 today. Since that's the number of perfection in God's world does that mean I win this time? Who's going to say I'm cheating now? :o)
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

*Believe it or not*...I know the theme song to The Greatest American Hero too!

Fun fun fun!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Fun meme! I can't tell that you are an "acts of service/doing for others" type gal!

Put my name in the hat please!

Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hey LA...so good to be home & getting caught up on your blog! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. You're a fascinating person that I really enjoy getting to know you! Looking forward to camping this weekend. Are you bringing your laptop along?!! ;-)
HJW

Mrs. Breum said...

Throw my name in!

Love your list of facts about you. I do have fun reading those!

Ruth said...

I'm with you about never wearing turtlenecks again! I think I've gotten a little clastrauphobic as I've gotten older. LOL!!

Susie said...

Count me in. I love reading. I haven't been by in a while, but I'm so glad I came by. Happy Birthday! I love the names in the sand pics.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the answers to your meme. I really like your 5 favorite toys!

Enter me....please.

MorningSong said...

Now that I've been scolded...

I too know the lyrics to Greatest American Hero - another show I loved! :)

Count me in thou contest, oh birthday one! In my mind I am entering twice! haha

Anonymous said...

Okay MommaRoar, are you getting after me for liking to be social on your blog?

I promised to be good so I will.

Please be so kind as to enter me in this awesome birthday celebration give away that only you could think of :)

Tracy said...

I am just wondering if on day TEN...are you willing to share the Kasey Kahne hat?!???!!? I mean...PLLLEEEAASSEEE!

Amber said...

So when are you revealing your birthday?

0:) Amber

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't refrain any longer. I still say that Susan is buttering you up!

...and what in the world is Kasey Kahne?

Tracy said...

OOOHHHH, I know that Kasey Kahne is a Nascar driver, but only because Mac likes him.

Please throw my name into the hat, too. What a fun idea! When is the big day?

Momma Roar said...

July 10 is the big day.

... said...

i'm glad you had the time and desire to do the meme. i think it's fun to learn about new friends here in blogoland.

i forgot about turtlenecks. i wouldn't wear those again, either :]