July 6, 2007

5th Winner, A Meme & Birthday Give-Away #6

And the winner of the Estate Napkin Holder is:

Carrie! :o)


Congratulations!




Drop me a line with your address and I'll get that in the mail to you!!

***********************************************

I have been tagged by MorningSong (way back on June 15) to complete a dining out meme. I certainly enjoy a good meal away from home and it is even beginning to feel more doable with 3 children.

The rules of this meme:

1. Link to name of person that tagged you.

2. Include state and country you live in.

3. List top five favorite local restaurants.

4. There's a rule about tagging people - but I'll leave it open to any who would enjoy doing this one! If you do, let me know - I'd love to come read it!


Here's where we enjoy eating out in our little corner of Pennsylvania:

1. A local restaurant and deli, Isaac's, is known for its pink flamingo logo. What makes this place truly unique is that every sandwich is named for a bird. Delicious food and we always enjoy the bright atmosphere of this restaurant.

T's favorite sandwich: The Oriole. I can't find the description on their website.

My favorite sandwich: The Ruffed Grouse (also PA's state bird): "Turkey breast with thinly sliced ham, crunchy cole slaw and melted provolone cheese and mayo on a fresh kaiser roll."

Some of their other sandwiches include: Reuben, Mockingbird, Bird of Paradise, Finch, Hummingbird and Road Runner to name a few. And there is even a Dodo bird sandwich.

2. Macaroni Grill - This restaurant came to our local mall a few years ago. I hesitated going because I didn't want "another Olive Garden." After eating there with my sister and mom, I love it. And the kids love their "good bread" as we call it. They don't even know the name of the restaurant, they just know it as the place to get the "good bread." I love their Pasta Milano.

3. Red Lobster - I can't get enough of seafood or RL's cheddar bay biscuits. My good friend "A" gave me a great recipe that makes biscuits just like RL. Plus, this was always my Gramie's favorite place to eat. One time, when I was first married, I went with her and her girlfriends for their once a month luncheon date - it was so much fun! I always think of her when I go there.

4. There's a 'fancy' restaurant down near the touristy part of the county that is a favorite of ours too - this is a date night kind of place - with reservations and all! The Greenfield Inn and Restuarant is delicious and T took me there for New Year's Eve one year. And it was my Gramie who had given us a gift certificate to try this place out.

5. Friendly's - Gotta love this place with kids! Fun sundaes and balloons on the ceiling, who could ask for anything more?

Well, there you have it! My 5 favorite places to eat out! One other thing I take into consideration is their desserts - they've gotta have something rich and chocolaty! T always gives me hard time that I stop eating my meal halfway through so that I can save room for dessert - why not? Plus, it gives me leftovers to take home for lunch the next day!!

Anyone who wants to play along, please do - even if you list your 5 favorites in the comments. Thanks MorningSong!

***********************************************

Birthday Give-Away #6



This is another Southern Living at Home product

The Jamestown Votives

"The votives are encircled in simple yet delicate loops and swirls of iron." This is a set of 4 votives - they are adorable and I have several throughout my home. The center item is the Jamestown Centerpiece.

Just leave a comment today and your name will be entered in the hat!

Good luck!! I'll draw the name of the winner tomorrow morning, so be sure to come back and see what tomorrow's give-away is! Thanks for celebrating with me!


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

21 comments:

Amber said...

Awww....Friendly's, I haven't been there in over 10 years, YUMMY!

0:) Amber

Sandy said...

Well I'm with you on Red Lobster's Biscuits, I make the mistake and fill up on them EVERYTIME I go and then I can never finish my meal! I also love their Clam Chowder, it's the best! I can go there and just eat the biscuits and chowder and I'm a happy camper!

Just Mom said...

I am on Cloud 9 (read my blog), so no bad-mouthing from me -- today at least. ;-D

Enter me again, please.....

Amber said...

I'm going to Red Lobster on Sunday...I can almost taste those buscuits already!

MorningSong said...

Your restaurant picks sound yummy!! Enter me!

Why are YOU giving gifts away again?

H A P P Y
B I R T H D..

Pen of Jen said...

Neat about the restaurants! I agree with Amber..it's been years *sigh*

... said...

i LOVE red lobster. it's probably my #1 eatery. it's comfort food to me. the sandwich place sounds interesting. i love sandwiches, too.

Tracy said...

Enter me again in the infamous hat...:)

My mouth is watering reading about all that yummy food. Too bad I get chicken nuggets for lunch today with the kids. Ick!

Susan said...

Here I am again. Putting my name in THE HAT.

Of course I'd be here anyway, checking out what witty or inspirational words you have for today.
((hugs))
Susan

Anonymous said...

Count me in (do I get extra points for today being my 16th wedding anniversary?)!! :0)

Have a blessed weekend!

Short Stop said...

Ok, let's give this another try! :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Happy Birthday again...he he! So fun celebrating with you. I am in!

Kris said...

Like the dining meme. I just had lunch, but I'm getting hungry all over again...mmm..maybe we'll eat out tonight! Anywho, count me in for the drawing!
K

Amber said...

(your comment) LOL! We should start a new blog, Nutty Moms R Us!

0:) Amber

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

So many cute things to give away. I know you're having fun with this. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Whoa Nelly!!! I actually won something! How cool is that?! I never win anything ... other than Monopoly, LOL!! Thank you!! :o) I'll email ya here in a bit!

Good Luck, Ladies!! :o)

Beach Girl said...

Count me in too! :-)

Vanessa

Heather K said...

Hey Leigh Ann!! I see you've been having some fun since I've last been by for a visit! You've got some beautiful stuff that you've been giving away! What a wonderful thing to do! We all love getting things in the mail! Especially such pretty things! How have you been? I've not been posting for almost 2 weeks! It's gotten so busy with the kids off school now. I don't like them to spend all their time on the computer, so I can't say too much if I'm doing it too... didn't want them looking at my back all summer or me theirs!!! So I'm sneaking some time while they're all busy doing something else!
Hope your summer's going great!
Heather

Julieann said...

Hi LeighAnn, I hope you have a wonderful weekend--I also printed out your recipe for pizza salad--I think my family will really enjoy it. I really enjoy coming here and reading--

Julieann

Kelli said...

Love the Red Lobster biscuits too. Mmm...

I would love to be entered into your drawing! What do I have to do around here to win?!! ;0)

Kelli

Myrna said...

Here I am, back again. Hoping...
Hoping...Hoping...