Congratulations!
Drop me a line and we'll get it in the mail!
******************************************************
This weekend is our church's annual camping weekend. This year, T and I decided just he and Quintin would camp in the tent and I'd bring the younger two up to visit. The campground is about 35 minutes away, and I've actually been enjoying the ride each day! Today I'll be heading up for the church service and then lunch. We'll pack up and head home, opting not to swim because the kids will be beat! I'll share some pictures tomorrow.
T's favorite cookies were requested for the weekend away: Monster Cookies - I wanted to share this recipe with you, its from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
Monster Cookies
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 c plus 2 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
2 c peanut butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 c regular oats, uncooked
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces (aka m&m's)
1 c semisweet chocolate morsels
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add peanut butter and next 3 ingredients; beat well. Add oats, soda, and salt; stir well. Stir in chocolate pieces and morsels. (Dough will be stiff.)
Pack dough into a 1/4-cup measure. Drop dough 4 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Lightly press each cookie with fingertips into a 3 1/2-inch circle.
Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes (centers of cookies will be slightly soft.) Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
We like to make mini-monster cookies - This way, I get 5 dozen and I don't feel as guilty giving one to the kids! :D
Just a note, T told me tonight that he was not impressed with my decision to add the m&m's while the batter was still in the mixer - they're all broken - can you imagine? ;-) So, please make note of that when you're making these cookies!
******************************************************
Birthday Give-Away #8
Let's continue to celebrate my birthday with another Southern Living at Home product -
the Celebrations Bowl.
"Use as a centerpiece filled with seasonal embellishments such as fresh fruit, ornaments, or gourds. Or use as a large everyday serving piece for salads or sides. The tall foot and flared shape make this all-purpose piece a stunning statement."
The catalog described that so much better than I possibly could have! ;-)
Leave me a comment today to be entered into the drawing for this bowl. And, don't forget to go and vote for the Bloggy Hoss Elections!
Have a blessed Sunday!
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
21 comments:
Oh those cookies look yummy. I'll have to try them. So T didn't like his M&M's smashed. Funny!!! Now you don't spoil him do you :o)
Your gift today is another wonderful gift. Wonder who will be lucky person #9. I was #7!!!!' Not to rub it in girls :o)
Susan
I love the dish, but if I'm not the blessed winner can you just send cookies as a "almost winner" prize? hehe! They look wonderful and perfect for my house...they will match in any room.
I'm so happy for Melodye! She's getting a great gift and she's such a great person. She will love the book. She loves her husband and couldn't be a better winner of your generous gift.
I agree with Ginger. The cookies would make a great gift. They wouldn't have to match the decor for long at my house. I have *Cookie Monsters* who would make them disappear.
Congratulations MorningSong. I don't believe I know her. I'll have to go visit!
Well, it's that time of the day. By now we know the drill. Please sign me up!:)
Well, I would like to thank the academy.. :)
Thanks Leigh Ann! A friend told me of the Stormie books and I have never read her before. Looking forward to it!
Thanks Ginger and Myrna!!
Now, back to business:
H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y
"T told me tonight that he was not impressed with my decision to add the m&m's while the batter was still in the mixer - they're all broken - can you imagine?"
You've been taking baking lessons from Just Mom. I've done that too. Who'd o' thunk M&Ms would get smooshed....
Enter me in this contest too.
Move over Oatmeal Creme Pies ... Monster Cookies are in *da* house, LOL! Yum!
Ooooh, I love monster cookies....just looking at the picture made me want to make some today!
These look so good! I will try these for sure. My little Jack LOVES M&M's.
YAY for another give-away! :)
Monster Cookies look great and will be made at the penofjen's home this week!!!!
I have loved all the give aways....too fun!
MMmm...if I win will you send me the bowl filled with cookies? ;0)
Enter me, please!!
Kelli
Mmmm to the cookies, fun to the camping, and may I please enter your drawing?
Have a great Sunday, Leigh Ann!
I love Monster cookies. Another friend shared this recipe with me this winter and I also made mini ones. You are having way too much fun on your blog LOL
PS...the trifle was a hit AGAIN!
(big smile)
I'm a bit late reading your blog since we were camping, but I did complete the dna map. Very interesting! I couldn't believe how well it described me. The cookies looked great...I should have dropped by for a taste test. Don't worry about the m&ms. That would be something J would give me a hard time about too. I did that once with chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies and the cookies came out with a slightly brown tint. Oh, well J still ate them! :)
By the way you don't have to drop my name in your Kasey Kane hat...I'm not a true blogger...just checking your site.
Jezz
i can't decide what looks better to me... the cookies or the dish. you better just send me both (hehe).
i, too, think i need to make some cookies this week. thanks for the recipe.
Oooooooo! I'm going to have to try those cookies!! I have a cookie monster living at my house by the name of Matt. He just happened by while I was looking at your post and centered in on those cookies right away!! =o)
Hey! Just dropped in from Jill's site (Who could ask for anything more) because I laughed out loud at your comment about the horse and buggys in Penn. Dutch town!
Wanted to see who you were...
Also wanna sign up for this giveaway! I love Southern Living at Home stuff!
Glad I stopped by and will visit again!
Congrats on the nomination over at Penless Writer's place! I will have to check out your blog now that I have been formally introduced :)!
Amy
Those monster cookies look delicious. I'm going to have to copy that recipe.
You have such nice gifts you are giving. What a sweetheart you are.
P.S. I also want to say thanks for posting about Susan, Aisha, and I being nominated for awards.
You are so sweet.
I stopped by because Susan gave you an award and directed me your way. Congratulations. Those cookies look good, thank you for sharing the receipe.
Post a Comment