July 9, 2007

8th Winner, Jibber-Jabber & Birthday Give-Away #9

And the winner of the Celebrations Bowl is:

Just Mom

Congratulations!

Drop me a line so I can get it in the mail for you to enjoy! And, uh, that will be coming without any cookies inside! ;-)
******************************************************
Jibber-Jabber
Is tomorrow really my birthday? Can't I stay 29 forever? ;-)

Ok, so tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday, but really, who's counting anyway?

I can't wait to show you the birthday card my parents gave me - its hilarious - just pray that I can find the picture from my childhood that will make you all know for certain - that I am a nut - and I have another picture that shows proof that it is inherited!

Award

Now, on a more serious note, I want to take a moment to acknowledge an early birthday present from dear Susan. She awarded me yesterday with the Blogger Reflection Award. This is an award created by a 16 year old girl, you can read more here.

Here's what Susan shared:

Leigh Ann at Living to Learn & Learning to Live: Leigh Ann fits this Award to a T. She is a source of love and encouragement to everyone. Who else would be celebrating her own birthday on the 10th of this month by blessing 10 other bloggers with a gift she draws out of her famous Kasey Kahne hat every day!!!! Leigh Ann is witty beyond belief, kind, thoughtful and mature beyond her young years. She is an inspiring wife and mother of 3 young children and handles it all with charm & grace.
I'm honored to receive this and am humbled. Susan, thank you for your kind words, your friendship and the inspiration your blog and your emails provide me.

I want to be able to devote the proper time to this, so I will wait until after the birthday celebrations are complete!

Camping
I was going to post a slide show from our camping weekend - but only took 2 pictures - makes for a rather dull slideshow, dontcha think? So, I'll just post them, along with a picture I took of Quintin last week when we went to a friend's house to fish in her pond. We were gearing up for this camping weekend, Quintin and T did a lot of fishing!



******************************************************
Birthday Give-Away #9

And, here is today's Birthday Give-Away! I am giving away another one year subscription to Southern Living magazine. Leave a comment with this post and you're name will be tossed into the hat! Good luck and please stop back tomorrow - It is the ultimate of gifts!





Have a wonderful day!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

22 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes, please enter me. Cute pictures!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I'm back...maybe it'll be me this time!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ok - didn't realize this was all one post SO - we LOVE camping - I love seeing your saucer in the campsite...we hope to go in the fall.

Happy 30th - I just celebrated mine in December. The 30's are gonna be AWESOME :)

Momma Roar said...

Actually, I'll be 32 - Since I'm in denial, I phrase it as the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday! Next year will be the 4th anniversary - makes me feel younger!

And Mary, I love your profile picture!

Susan said...

I'm so sorry I won't be able to celebrate with you tomorrow due to being in KC with the grands. BUT I'll be thinking of you and wishing you Happy Birthday.

Your site will be the first I check out when I return to see the pictures your talking about and your BD card from your mom.

Way to go Just Mom!!!

Love the pictures of the precious ones.
((hugs))
Susan

Amber said...

I'm stuck at 25...I've been stuck there for a couple years now!

MorningSong said...

Not entering me - I know! :)

Do people still do the camping thing with PERFECTLY GOOD hotels out there? haha I've never camped out. I am tempted yet wonder if I would make it! I've gone TO camp, just not been camping.

Enjoy your age!! You've made it to 32 with your mind in tact! You haven't become a crazy nut - you know the bad kind of crazy. 32 is just a number!

YOU ARE 32!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Accept it!
Be proud!! YOU ARE 32!!!!!!!!!!
Did I say it enough yet? :)

H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y
2

... said...

congratulations on receiving the reflection award. i love the third picture you posted. can't beat a kids catching a fish.

enjoy your last day of being 31. 32 will seem so much older (not) ;D

Just Mom said...

I WON! I WON! Well it's about TIME! ;-D

Thank you Leigh Ann, from the bottom of my heart (no, I'm not being snarky this time).

BTW, congratulations on the Blogger Reflection Award. Very much earned, in my opinion.

Ruth said...

Loved you "slide show"! =o) Congrats on your award. I think you deserve it because I love your blog.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love to camp but have not been camping in years....your pictures really made me miss it.

I love the fishing picture....adorable!

Anonymous said...

I just had my 34th birthday.....I prefer to be 32 and holding! :0)

Happy Birthday!

I already get Southern Living, but if I win, I'll send it to my mom!

What great give-aways you have done!

Have a great day!

Mrs. Breum said...

Enter me!

Happy B-day!!!

Jill said...

Congrats on your Reflection Award. You are very deserving. Cute camping photos, too.

Only your 3rd anniversary of 29th b'day? You're still so young!

Julieann said...

LeighAnn--How sweet of Susan, you deserve it---I love your blog!! Also, Happy 29th Birthday my friend---just think 29 or 32, I am still older...LOL:) Have a wonderful day.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

Okay, so how much did Aisha pay you? Naw, really I'm so happy she won! She's the beeeeeest and she will cherish a wonderful gift from a wonderful friend like you!

29! Who are you kidding? Even if you are really 32 you are still just a young chick. Just remember tomorrow, I will always be old and you can always laugh at the fact that we cannot take our kids to the park together, hehe.

The slide show was fantastic and I've watched it over and over. Once again your talents run deep.

I'll be checking in tomorrow and praying that maybe it's my special day, too :) Please include me once again.

Love ya! (not just cuz you are giving away special things, but because you are YOU!)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Leigh Ann! Congratulations on your Award! :o)

Loved the camping pictures! I can't wait until Levi's old enough for us to go camping again.

As for the monster cookies ... they would have been on the menu plan if I had all the ingreds, LOL. You just wait, you'll see it pop up when you least expect it, LOL.

Tammy said...

A very happy birthday to you! :)

(I have been 29 for a verrrrry long time, myself...) ;)

Oh, and please enter me into the drawing! :D

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I love camping! I had to laugh at the exersaucer at the camp site. :)

Lori said...

Looks like you had fun camping.

Congrats on your reflection blogger award.

Congrats to Aisha too.

Anonymous said...

Once I got past the crisis of turning 30, I realized that in your 30's, you become a REAL woman!!! I'm 35 and loving it!! I've enjoyed my 30's immensely, much more so than my 20's. I've heard your 40's are even better, but that your body starts to fall apart. Hmmm.....not too sure I'm looking forward to that one!

Kerrie said...

Leigh Ann - just think, tomorrow you can tell people that you 'just turned' 32. How fun is that! You know, because I'm 'almost' 33. The day after my birthday I'm going to tell people I'm 'almost' 34.

At least I think I'm funny. (giggle)