July 14, 2007

Blogger Redesigns

Thanks for all your sweet comments about my new blog and Susan's redesign. I really enjoy learning how to make the changes. Its a challenge to me, if I see something on a blog, to learn how to copy it and put it on my blog.

When I first started blogging, I saw all these cool looking blogs - templates I'd never seen in the blogger options. So, I started digging and 'googling' for ideas how to do it.

Its taken some time, but I've learned a few tricks. My favorite part though, isn't with the blog templates. As I mentioned yesterday, I enjoy making the graphics. And then, just recently, I came across a new blog, with this description:
A dummies guide, tips, tricks, help for all new bloggers on Web templates, Blog templates, designs, widgets, layout, JavaScript, HTML codes, SEO, Google AdSense, gadgets, diagnostic tools, and how to monetize Blogger or Blogspot blogs.
Here is the link.

The changes are made in the html code of your blog design - if you decide to make changes, make sure you save your current html code (copy and paste it into a word doc). Changing the html codes around can delete your sidebar items, so be careful. Each time I start changes, I practice with a 'practice blog' that isn't public - then I can see how things work before making the changes official. There is also a 'preview' button when you change the code and you can see if the changes worked. If they didn't work, you can hit 'clear edits.'

On that site, you can find how to turn graphics into buttons (links) like I've done with my link to Momma Roar's Kitchen blog.

Now, Melodye, I'm off to build my house! ;)

Happy Saturday!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

17 comments:

Tracy said...

Leigh Ann,
You are so sweet to share this link with us. I really have learned alot since beginning to blog. So much so that Mac, my 16 year old, is impressed with me because I know more about this than he does!

It's people like you, who are willing to educate the rest of us that have helped me so much. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You have such a lovely spirit!

Pen of Jen said...

I am going to read the link. Usually I have to read things a few times to get it!

Thanks and have a great Saturday!

Just Mom said...

Too much work. Wanna do it for me? ;-D

... said...

thanks leigh ann for the link.

i probably know more than the average person when it comes to coding. i've been wanting to change my layout and have looked into someone else doing it for me. but lately, i'm thinking i might try it on my own and see what i can come up with. you've inspired me =]

Susan said...

I love the fact that you are so willing to be such a sharing person: your birthday, your knowledge, your recipes, yourself!!!
Susan

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

This is so cool, Leigh Ann. Thanks for the tips and the link. One of these days I'll actually find some time I'm willing to spend on tinkering. For now, I'm diving back into revisions on my WIP.

Let's do tea soon!

Amber said...

I've figured out some html tricks, but it gives me a headache. The main thing I can't stand about it is that you have to be careful, what looks great in firefox looks awful in ie--ugh! I may get curious enough to look at the site anyway though, thanks!

0:) Amber

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thank you so much for this link! I can't wait to look into it. I think I need a blogging weekend.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I'm not too computer saavy...I drive my kids nuts asking them ?? all the time!

MorningSong said...

You know we MUST see pictures!! :)

I did try this - playing with the whatever you call it - background stuff. I did it on my husbands but I didn't see anything I LOVED for mine! It was a pre-made dealy thing. Don't you love my verbage today! I am satisfied with mine for now but I wouldn't try to 'learn' on my blog. My husband only has two posts and so - not much to lose! :) Plus he isn't a true blogging soul so he wouldn't care if I ruined it. Aren't I nice to ruin his? It worked though - I just do not know how to do it without using a pre-made thingy! :)

I'm still in awe of your blogging creativity!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the link. Sometime I want to change my blog look too.

weavermom said...

Thanks for the link!

Christy said...

Oh you are brave....

The word html makes my head hurt. One day I will try it!!

MorningSong said...

I see you already have one but my list wouldn't be complete if I didn't include you! I have a message for you on my blog!

Have a blessed Day

Myrna said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have to make several mistakes before I can get most of the tech stuff right. I have enjoyed learning somenew tricks, but there is still a lot I'm not confident with yet.

Heather K said...

Hey Leigh Ann how are ya?
speaking of redesigns.. i redid my blog but VERY basic.... nothing fancy just standard issue...I may have to look into figuring out all this blog-ese once the kids go back to school this fall....mmaaybee... lol

Tami said...

Leigh Ann,

I am enjoying your blogs--I was just browsing through your cooking blog. Good stuff!

I tagged you for a meme if you want to do it.