March 31, 2007

Late night contemplations...



  1. Is it late night or early morning?

  2. This new spearmint Stride gum I bought is spearminty.

  3. It's awfully dark outside.

  4. How long does it take until a 24 oz bottle of Wild Cherry Pepsi wears off?

  5. Do real bloggers only drink coffee?

  6. I don't drink coffee (or tea), does that still make me a blogger?

  7. This Stride gum would be an excellent choice to cover coffee breath.

  8. Does Pepsi give you Pepsi breath?

  9. Formula gives the baby Similac breath.

  10. Is that my pillow calling?

  11. The Free Dictionary says contemplation means a) a long and thoughtful observation, b) a calm lengthy intent consideration.

  12. Is any of this long? Thoughtful? Intent?

  13. Have you ever contemplated what ompahloskepsis means?

  14. Ompahloskepsis means "contemplation of one's navel."

  15. Now, that's something to contemplate.

  16. I'm contemplating how long one can be in a state of ompahloskepsis.

  17. In retrospect, this has been a calm and lengthy contemplation. In contemplating this long, I have learned a new word.

  18. I hereby challenge you to use "ompahloskepsis" in a post.

  19. So that I can come to your blog and contemplate on my navel.

  20. Where was it I saw that video of a navel piercing...ginger's?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you need rest and much less pop!!! (Do you say soda in the East? There a topic for a blog!) You crack me up. I hope you didn't forget who you were and start up your car and go get that naval pierced, ahhh!

I think you have been staring at that screen way too long, trust me, I've been there.

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...I am LAUGHING!! If you have to be a coffee or tea drinker to blog, then I'm in trouble...I don't drink either...it's Diet Coke for me. And I'm going to have to think about Ompahloskepsis a bit. Tooooo funny!!

:-) Susan

Lisa H said...

Oh, Ginger, don't start the pop/soda fight! I'm living that one every day (because I say the "wrong" thing) and I don't even care! :)

But I agree, Leigh Ann, maybe you need less caffeine! :)

Momma Roar said...

Just so you know...I didn't drink all 24 oz at one time!!
And, if Poppa Roar wouldn't have been working last night from 9pm-8pm - I would have been in bed :)

Oh, Ginger, I actually do have a dialect type post in the works!

Just Mom said...

Bwahahahahaha

That was an AWESOME post.

Re. the pop/soda thing...in Hawaii, people say "soda." In Washington and Oregon (where I went to college and then where I went to work), people say "pop." I now try to avoid the whole controversy and say "soda pop."

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you think way too much...

~ Amy ~ said...

Love it, but I don't think blogging is suppose to be so hard and tiresome. Take the weekend off and come back Monday and amaze us with all your wit and talent!

Susan said...

Oh my, you've gone waaaay to deep for me. The only thing I can contemplate at this point is "What year were these photo's taken?". I know, I know everyone is getting sick of hearing about my photo project and my bellyaching:o(

Anonymous said...

No, you don't have to be a coffee drinker to be a real blogger. I would be sad if you stopped blogging just because you don't like coffee.

# 18, I hereby challenge you to use "ompahloskepsis" in a post.
------------------------------
I'll send this challenge to my Husband and see what he comes up with lol he likes to do stuff like that.

Rita Loca said...

Now that was creative!

Momma Roar said...

Oh, penless, I so look forward to the fruits of your labor and being able to journey with you on your past travels - all from the comfort of my desk chair - and Pepsi in hand!

And I mean to write that my hubby had to work from 9pm - 8am.

weavermom said...

I don't drink coffee either. Caffeine makes me talk (or write posts) like yours so out of respect for my hubby I abstain. He he. I used to buy Coke for finals week and my roommate would take it out in the lobby of the dorm and give it away. :) It makes me a little crazy.

And in the south, we call everything Coke -even Sprite. And Pepsi. As in, "what kind of coke would you like?" And if you want actually Coke, you say "regular" or "coca-cola." I know - it makes no sense. I've almost adjusted to calling it soda - but I don't think I could ever say "pop" without laughing. :)

Lori said...

I was wondering if you were bored and couldn't fall asleep when you were typing this??

It was a funny post!

Tracy said...

H*I*L*A*R*I*O*U*S!

I am a Pepsi drinker! NO coffee for me. It's just hot, dirty water!! ICKY!

Anna said...

Girl, you are always great for a giggle. I love your transparency. BTW--love the new look to the site. How'd you get the margins on both sides and the constant post to stay at the top? I have so much to learn...