1) Like Just Mom, I too ran away from home as a young child. I had a written letter on my bed for my parents to find upon my disappearance. Sadly, I couldn’t follow through with it, so I just hid under my bed waiting for someone to come looking for me and for their devastated reaction to my running away. I believe they could probably see me under the bed as they came up the stairway. If there would have been a closet in my room – I would have hid in there instead.
2) I loved David Hasselhoff and Knight Rider. But, I would get scared when the show began because I thought K.I.T.T. was going to come off the tv right at me. I usually jumped up on top of the couch. I believe I may have done this every episode!
3) I did something so awful as a child – it must of been the worst thing a child could have done – because my punishment was severe. Upon hearing of this ‘thing’ I did, my father said, "Go to your room and stay there…Forever!” Ahh yes, I must have been able to win them over with my sparkling blue eyes and dimples, because, as you can see, I am not still in that room. In fact, that is a good thing, because they just sold that house about 3 months ago!! The funny thing is neither my parents nor myself, can remember what awful thing I did!!
4) As kids, my siblings and I loved to give our dad a hard time. I remember when we got our first VCR. It didn’t have a remote control like we know remotes today. It had a cord that was connected to the vcr. As Dad would walk through the family room, we would have to usually say something like “Don’t trip over the cord!” Well, I was known to yell that even when the vcr remote was not stretched across the floor. He didn’t always appreciate that. Maybe that was why I was sent to my room forever. Or, because of this…
5) Mom had just gotten our dog some new dog treats at the store. For whatever reason, some dog food maker thought it would be funny to make a dog snack that looked liked the snack had already gone through the dog’s body – if you know what I mean. We liked to put these on the floor around the house and watch as Dad got angry at the dog! I think he may have even grabbed the dog and put his nose in it, saying “Look what you did.”
One more just for fun!
6) I have always been a lover of shoes, and in JH, my favorite shoes were a pair of clogs that my aunt had given to us! And, right now, I have on a pair of clogs!! My dansko clogs are the most comfortable shoes I own. Like 'em or not, I love 'em! In JH, my sister and I were only allowed to keep them on at home, we weren't able to wear them out of the house! *Note, my sister has a black pair!! She lives real close to a dankso outlet, too!! I remember the clogs in JH looked great with my jelly bracelet collection!
There you have it. Aren't you glad you stopped by to learn a little more about me today? Confession does a body, mind and soul good! Isn’t it good to be able to laugh at ourselves too?!?!
17 comments:
Clogs? Jelly bracelets? Blaming the dog? And everyone thought I was a rebel.
Thanks for the laughs, my friend.
That's funny. I might get brave to make one confession on my blog. We'll see....
Ah.. the days of Knight Rider. Can you bet that? :) I watch it now and wonder what it was I enjoyed!
Knight rider, the A-team, and the Dukes of Hazard, humm, looking back at those I wonder, Why did I ever? lol
Clogs and Jelly bracelets are making a come back you know. My daughter has some jelly bracelets, but I don't think I could let her get clogs. lol
Oh my gosh, I remember the corded remotes! We had one for the cable box. Too funny! Thanks for checking on me. I am doing better than I expected.
That was too funny!!
:)
That was funny! Now that wasn't too bad.
I remember the Knight Rider too.
I may get brave and post mine sometime too.
You are brave. Admitting you loved David Hasselhoff, now that takes courage.
I'm right there with you with the clogs and jelly bracelets!!
Hey everyone, you might want to be careful what you confess...Turtles blog is catching criminals in the act... check it out.
http://iamturtle.blogspot.com/
You were one funny kid! Just remember, what goes around comes around. Those precious little darlings that you have WILL grow up. Trust me on this one. I have three and they did grow up. One has been a replica of her father...oh my, we have paid our dues for all the stuff he did as a kid and more!
I did a post once that was called "6 wierd things about me." Your post was fun to read. I definitely remember the jelly bracelets, but I could never were clogs unfortunately. My feet are super narrow and they wouldn't stay on my feet. Night rider rocks!
That was funny! I liked # 5 !!!
That was fun to read, especially #3! Too funny!
Kelli
Well, I don't know ya, because I just found you site, but this is a funny post! LOL!
I love Dansko's too! They're the best shoes I own--I actually have two pairs! :)
Sorry that my blog was hard to find after I posted on yours. I did some re-arranging on my blog a while back and I didn't realize that the link was gone from my profile page. I'll try to fix that!
You gotta' love the old VCR's! Did yours open from the top like a jack-in-the-box?
Ha Ha Leigh Ann...if I put my most embarrassing moments on my blog, you would probably never speak to me again. LOL....
Ok, so this is me going back to your old posts...just to get to know you a little more! :)
I totally love the doggie treat idea!
Post a Comment