January 14, 2010

Christmas ...

My Christmas tree is down.

But the stockings are still hung by the chimney.

With care.

And.

There is not a bone in my body that has a desire to remove them.

Or shake the dust off them.

I'm hoping it will pass as a winter-kissed look. 

Like snow.

Kind of.

But not really.

post signature

8 comments:

Just Mom said...

And now you know why I'm leaving one Christmas tree up all year.

btw ... I like your attempt at Haiku.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

call me crazy...but aren't the stockings the easiest thing to remove? my kids would be checking them everyday! :0)

Anonymous said...

I think both you and JM are nuts! Take the silly things down and thing SPRING!!!!!! Time to hang up your birthday calendar counting down the days until my birthday for heaven's sake! Take the silly things down!!!

Anonymous said...

THINK SPRING

THINK SPRING

THINK SPRING

THINK SPRING

weavermom said...

I think the dust is close enough.

Susan said...

It finally got above freezing here so Mickey is out taking down our outside Christmas lights now. Also, got Mary, Joseph & Jesus out of the snow and in a warm place!!!
Susan

... said...

i understand where you're coming from. i wish it was a normal practice to keep up the Christmas decorations up past the first of january. and once they're down, it feels so empty - void of anything festive.

Shirley said...

I love the dust note, too! Too funny!

I had to comment on your post about your comment on my post because I had the exact same thought! I was cleaning up in the house today and it just struck me so funny - "wow, this is really my house!" I guess I have felt like an intruder all this time - ha!