January 11, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Elle had her 5 year old well child check-up last week.  It was a big deal, because she knew she was getting 4 shots.  She asked if her daddy could take a little time off work to take her, and he was more than happy to oblige.

He said she was a trooper and didn't even wince, but it was hard for him to watch her turn her head when they were given.

She hopped right out of the truck while I snapped pictures wanting her to remember this!  She and Daddy posed for a picture and then she ran in the house to show me the 2 stickers she got to pick out because she got shots in 2 arms.  What a trooper!  She's growing up fast!




post signature

13 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Wow, way to go Elle, she's so brave! And that is such a cute picture of Travis and Elle!

angie128 said...

Love the shot of her hopping out of the truck carrying her little purse.

Just Mom said...

YAY ELLE!

YAY DADDY!







GO VIKINGS!

Susan said...

What a treasured blessed memory...that daddy will be there even during the painful times.
Susan

Renee said...

Way to go Elle! You are a VERY big girl ;)

I think every parent dreads the 5 yr well child check. WHY so many shots in one visit? To this day Nichole (who is now 11) still asks, "So how many shots this visit mom?"

Tracy said...

Little girls and their daddies... aren't they adorable?

Jesslyn said...

Oh, how precious! I'd put that picture in a frame by the kitchen sink if I were you! :)

weavermom said...

Super sweet! Great picture of the two of them!!

Lynn said...

Can she have a talk with my girls...we have appointments at the end of February.

That picture of her and T is so sweet.

Jen said...

What a great trooper.....very few tears and yes I am talking about Trav! ;0) When we got Brooklyn's ears pierced, Craig had to walk to the other end of the mall until it was over. He said he would have probably hit whomever was causing pain to his little girl. I think the worker at Claire's was glad he left too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm always sappy when I have meds in me, but I adore this post! Trav and Elle bring back some warm and wonderful memories of a little red headed girl and her favorite daddy in the whole world. Today she is 26 and still thinks he hung the moon.

Trav is blessed and so is his beautiful little girl!

Andrea said...

Both my kids got their kindergarten shots in their thighs. They both cried. My son walked out of the room like a robot - he refused to bend his legs!!

Tara O said...

Way to Go E!!!

My Emily is a big chicken when it comes to shots and I know where she gets it from...moi. LOL