January 26, 2010

5 a day, Tuesday

Tuesday: Tall Tales

5 tales from my childhood, or are they?  You be the judge.

 - I wanted to marry a man that my dad worked with.  I would be so excited when I knew he was coming to our house.

 - My mom worked in the junior high I attended and I found myself at her office many times before homeroom to pick up forgotten lunch money.

 - My first dog was named Cocoa.  The second was Brewster, named after me, because dad used to call me Punky Brewster.  (remember that show?)

 - Speaking of shows, one of my favorite tv shows was Silver Spoons.  My favorite part was when Ricky Shroder rode into the living room on the train.

 - My brother and sister once woke me from my sleep to tell me the fire sirens would sound very shortly.  They were right - we were having a chimeny fire.  Thankfully, it wasn't a very serious one.
post signature

4 comments:

weavermom said...

hmmm... I think they are all true. :)

Tracy said...

we call Caymen...Punky Brewster. I used to LOVE that show!! Oh, and Silver Spoons!!!

Just Mom said...

I remember watching Silver Spoons. I don't remember the train. My memory is fading...

Anonymous said...

Lindsey was our Punky! Her uncle still calls her that!

I was in love with a man from our church who was my father's age because he had a mustache. Hmmm, I married a guy with one many years later.

Loved Silver Spoons and the train!

I have a feeling you were a fun kid!