May 22, 2008

iHave a New Toy

iAlways said iDidn't need one. iDidn't have to be hip! Or, iAm still hip without one... (Is it still cool to be hip? Or is it just hip to be square?)

Then came the ads in the Sunday paper. Staring me in the eyes, a $24 MP3 player.

Hmmmm, iBegan considering some ways iMight use it.

One being that iStarted walking again in the mornings and iWould love to listen to various podcasts of local churches. A second reason being that iCould jam to some tunes while mowing (regardless of the looks my family or neighbors may give me). And third, iReally do just wanna fit in, be hip, or square...or you may call me a wannabe! ;-)

THEN....iCame across the "rewards" we earn with our credit card. iWas redeeming some for Quintin's birthday next month and there it was....an iPod. Oh Joy! iCould use our points to buy an iPod...My own iPod...at no cost (unless you consider what iPreviously had to purchase to earn those points...but really, it is free, isn't it?)

It arrived today - after just 2 days...they told me it would be 4-6 weeks. iWas all bummed thinking iWouldn't have it for the beach - but here it is...iEven had to sign for it. iHave never needed to sign for something at my door - that iCan remember, anyway.

And iThink iHave it figured out. iHad a few moments of being confused. But iAllowed myself to think positive thoughts like: iThink iCan, iThink iCan, iThink iCan!

iAlways thought iWas pretty computer savvy.

But iGuess if iCan't get it figured out - iWill just ask Quintin! ;-)

Oh, and iMight even share with T...since it is points from his credit card too...so yeah, iWill share...but only if he asks...nicely!

post signature

21 comments:

Tracy said...

So funny, you are. There's nary a one to be found at my house.iPut my foot down and said NO. iDon't care if all the other "kids" (ahem...) have them. We just aren't hip enough iGuess!

Anonymous said...

I must say....I'M JEALOUS!! I've been drooling over one of them for quite some time. Thought it would be handy while I'm working at sweating off these pounds. I was looking at them & Nolan said he wants one....apparently that's what a lot of kids have on the bus. I'm 32....he doesn't need one at 6. Let me figure one out first! LOL!! I'll give you a call for some training if I ever become so fortunate. Don't think I'll be getting mine for Free though. Good for you!! Have a good day!

Lynn said...

iWon mine if you will recall. iHave the same pretty green color that you chose. iToo never planned to buy one but iAm loving my new toy.

Meg said...

you're too funny. We love ours. Since my car is (old fashioned?) we don't have cd player, so the ipod makes a nice addition, plus we can take it anywhere. It's great for those morning walks. Good for you, for keeping up with your walking.

Just Mom said...

you wannabe...


;-D

Monica said...

So cool! Hope you like it. I've been wanting to get one too.

Amber said...

You are going LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I've had a video ipod for while now and it's a necessity when I go and work out! I often wonder how I exercised without one.
I hate to admit this…but Shayla has a little mp3 player too. It makes her feel “teenagerish”.

Short Stop said...

WOO HOO!! That's awesome!

Welcome to the iWorld. I don't know what I'd do without mine anymore!

Anonymous said...

I got one too, and forget to use it. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Shocked, totally shocked!

...and I thought you were your own individual.

Have fun with your new toy. I will pray for your children as they now will never be able speak to you again and have you hear as you will have earbuds in your ears. I speak from experience in trying to get my kids attention.

weavermom said...

I love my MP3 - tho' not cool enough to have a real iwhatever. :)

It's wonderful when walking!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What is this language you speak? iAm not understanding...apparently iDon't speak it...

sadly...

wanting to though...

Tracy said...

I LOVE, LOVE mine!!

It's an excuse to GO work-out, walk, ride my bike.

I WANT TO listen to my music!

HAVE FUN!!

Kelli said...

Too funny! iThink you are going to have lots of fun with your new toy. :0)
~Kelli

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Funny! You are going to just LOVE it!

You are one HIP chick!

Jean said...

This post just cracked me up the whole way through. iAm happy for you, and iAm sure iWould love one if iEver had the chance to own one, but since iHave not yet had that privilege, iGuess iWill just have to do without.

Wow, that's kind of fun. (Spell check doesn't like it one bit.)

Tara O said...

LOL.....I have five of these in my home...not ONE of them belong to me. (ours are just Mp3 Players...not iPod). I don't feel like I am missing anything...but I wonder if I can use it to drown out the sound of the whining...now that shows promise. LOL

Andrea said...

Funny - iHave one that my dad gave me a year ago but iStill don't use it cause iWasn't sure what to do with it. Does that mean I'm too old to have such a toy? It's so tiny iThink iMight loose it!
Andrea

... said...

iAm so glad you like your iPod. they are fun and iAm sure you will get a lot of use out of it. enjoy!

kdwhorses said...

LOL! I just got a MP3 player from Walmart for $24! Woo Hoo!! I wanted one so when I walk on the treadmill I can listen to music. Hubby works shift work and walking with no music, UGH! So I have started downloading songs and love it! Mine is a pretty shade of pink!

kdwhorses said...

LOL! I just got a MP3 player from Walmart for $24! Woo Hoo!! I wanted one so when I walk on the treadmill I can listen to music. Hubby works shift work and walking with no music, UGH! So I have started downloading songs and love it! Mine is a pretty shade of pink!