May 30, 2008

Friday Funny

I've been looking for a book for quite some time. And today I found it!!!

Back in college, I was introduced to an awesome speaker, Liz Curtis Higgs. She calls herself "an encourager." I think she is hilarious and a very Godly woman. It was ironic where I first heard her speak....at a convention for PSAHPERD (Pennsylvania State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance). She was the Keynote speaker at the winter convention in 1996.

I became hooked and started reading many of her books and getting her newsletters. In one of them, she asked for submissions from her readers for some "fall-down funny stories to fill your heart and lift your spirit" to be submitted for possible publication in her upcoming book, "Help! I'm Laughing and I Can't Get Up." I recalled the perfect story from years before.

You can read it below, and it can be found on page 37 in her book. (You can click on the picture to make it larger)



Hi Dad!!! I know you are gonna love me for posting it! But, I know it will bring a smile and a laugh to you and Mom as you read it!!!! :-)

Thanks to Ginger for mentioning Liz in her post and making me think of this treasure.


Hey JM! Does this mean I'm published?




post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LA,

I just had to laugh and laugh. I've known you for 10 years and I keep learning more and more fun details! Thanks for adding some extra sparkle to my day! :).

Just Mom said...

ROFL. Too cute.

Yes, welcome to the publishing world.

weavermom said...

How funny!!!

I love Liz Curtis Higgs as well. Congrats on being in her book - that is so cool!!

Susan said...

I knew you were awsome....but a published writer? Now this is toooo much!!!
Susan

Jill said...

Hilarious! I would think this qualifies as being published! ha!

Short Stop said...

OMG, LA!

You're totally famous!

Funny story!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL! ROFL! BAGEL? (he he)

That is such a cute story. I wanna buy the book just to say I know someone famous.

... said...

too funny! and how cool to have the story published in a book.

what did you dad think of this story through the years? we have a family story that we don't let my dad live down. i think he gets tired of us kidding him about it.

have a great weekend.

Tammy said...

This is great, Leigh Ann! You are famous! (And so is your dad! LOL)

I've always head of Liz Curtis Higgs but am not sure I've ever actually read any of her books...you've made me want to, now!

Anonymous said...

Great story!

Love Liz!

Love you!

MorningSong said...

Too funny!!!

How cool that you are in a book!

:)

Blessings!
Melodye

Kelli said...

Oh, that is too cute, Leigh Ann! I'll bet your Dad loved you sharing that..hehe.
Kelli
P.s. I love what you keep in your canisters. :0)