May 8, 2008

Bit by the sewing bug

I seem to go in phases with my crafts. When I first learned to knit - I was knitting in all my spare time. When I took the rug braiding class, I was braiding/lacing in all my spare time. It even happens with books - if I start a really good book, I'm reading it all.the.time!

Now? Yes, I'm sewing in all my spare time (and while the kids eat breakfast, lunch...) Perhaps an intervention is in order.

Please tell me you are the same...

Please tell me an intervention isn't necessary...

My latest projects?

This is a dress pattern I tested for Nanoo's Designs. It is the Emily dress and will be available on her site soon. I really like the dark inserts against the lighter main fabric!




The other week I needed to stop at the fabric store. I usually try to do things like that by myself, but this time I had the kids with me. I bribed them to behave with a 1/4 yard of fabric of their choice for a new pair of shorts!!

Elle picked this fun strawberry print. At first, I was in the store trying to think what she'd wear with it when I remembered this red shirt - perfect!! Quintin picked out a football fabric for himself and Colin - they are cut, but not sewn yet...Don't worry, I'll be sure to find the time to finish them soon. ;-)


post signature



PEPSI CHALLENGE - 84 hours without Pepsi! :-)

19 comments:

Tropical Mexican said...

That dress is beautiful.

Bribing with fabric..too funny.

Zaankali said...

I can totally relate it is all or nothing, feast or famine, here too when it comes to my latest interest. Too funny!
I love the dress it is adorable and the colors are great!
Smiles!

Short Stop said...

Oh, that dress is adorable! I would totally wear this dress if it came in my size and would pay BIG BUCKS for it...(hint, hint)!

"I bribed them to behave..."

Whew...glad I'm not the only one. :)

Shirley said...

Those are adorable!
Have you ever gone to the discount fabric store on 23 (just past the L. lab) I assume it is still there - I enjoyed going there and could find some great deals - they have lots of trim stuff.
Blessings!
Shirley

Tracy said...

I love that dress!!!! And yes, I go in spurts, too.

Just Mom said...

Your talents never cease to amaze me: sewing and giving up Pepsi. WOW.

Meg said...

Ok, seriously...can I just have a small fraction of your abilities? These are amazing!

I'm coming over for a sewing lesson!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You amaze me....you are just so talented!

Anonymous said...

I'm hooked on the book thing rightn now. Can't say I craft, but I used to and was just like you.

Sweet little dress for your sweetie pie. Are you growing her bangs out or was it just the wind?

Monica said...

Nice job on the dress. AT least your making productive use of your time. And not to mention saving yourself $$$.
Way to go on the Pepsi weaning, you can do it!

Tracy said...

I am in awwww of your craftiness (sp?) and in awww of the fact that you haven't had PEPSI in 84 hours.

Yikes.

... said...

the dress and shorts are simply darling. at least your current addiction is something that is good for the family. you're saving in the clothes budget and they all look so good in your creations.

do you ever make something for yourself?

Lori said...

That dres is so pretty and so is Elle.

You do such a great job sewing. Wish I could pop over and take sewing lessons from you.

Jean said...

Adorable!!!

When I used to sew a lot when Lisa was my only child, I used to wake up early to start sewing, I didn't like to stop to eat, and I would stay up late to finish. I think it's the drive to see the finished product.

Christy. said...

Adorable, you are SO talented!!!

Lynn said...

Um, yes, we are going to be needin' A LOT more fabric...I'm on it!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OH MY...I want to learn to sew just to make that dress. WOW!

(or blogging all the time...yeah, we know)

Andrea said...

Definitely love the dress pattern! Wish I could whip out a pair of shorts like that! I unserstand the 'bug' thing - I love all thing crafty too (although I'm not quite as proficient as you are).
Very nice!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I can relate.. When I started pouring myself into knitting my husband asked if we could sell the $20,000 dollar scrapbook collection. I just laughed because it is probably nore like 50 grand!!! HA-HA Maryellen