May 1, 2008

Going to the library...

In Style!!!



I made these quick and easy library tote bags this week with the help of this tutorial. They were made from dish towels purchased at the local hardware store!

They certainly made for a very exciting trip to the library this week!!


Can you tell I'm having just a wee bit of fun with my new sewing machine?


post signature

19 comments:

Just Mom said...

So ... when were you going to start those online sewing lessons? I believe you can vlog step-by-step instructions. Just wait until I buy a sewing machine, please.

Tracy said...

Those are great!

Lynn said...

You just ooze creativity...

Tara O said...

VERY cool!!!

Jean said...

Oh, you make me eager to have time to work on some creative stuff with my sewing machine. I was thinking it would be fun to make dresses alike for Destiny and her American Girl doll.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK, so seriously...do you sleep?

You are rocking out the GREAT sewing projects...and keeping up with your blog!

These are so awesome...do I see a giveaway in your future ;)

Tropical Mexican said...

I love them!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Great job! They are too cute. I wish I could find some dish towels that were that beautiful. lol!

weavermom said...

What pretty dishtowels! Makes me want some new ones. :)

Love the totes too. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are very creative and skillful! Can you come and spend the day giving me sewing techniques and ideas (and maybe blog info???)some day?

Short Stop said...

EEEK! Oh, I LOVE these!

They are so cute! The prints suit them so well.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

stop it would ya? i just wish i had this talent...

Anonymous said...

Been visiting the library a bit myself lately. No nice tote for my book though.

I remember my girls little tote bags. I bought canvas bags and painted on them for each girl. It was really special for them.

Great job LA!

... said...

they are very cute and practical. i don't know why my mom didn't think about carrying my books in a bag. i remember walking up to the library carrying a stack of books.

great job!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

They are sooo cute. You are just so talented!

Kelli said...

Yippe...new library book bags! You did a great job!
~Kelli

Tracy said...

Um...okay girlfriend. You are just too talented for me.

But while you are being "just too talented" can you hook me up with one of those like E's?

Thanks! ;)

MorningSong said...

Great job!! You are so blessed with so many talents! I'm so happy for you to have this outlet being fulfilled - and so beautifully to boot!

Blessings!

Tammy said...

Oh, how fun and creative of you! It makes me wish I had a sewing machine...:)