July 24, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Mary at Not Before 7 is hosting "Tiny Talk Tuesday." If you'd like to play along, go to her blog to sign up with Mr. Linky. This is the 1st Tiny Talk Tuesday. I think this is such a great carnival and a great way to record the interesting things our children say. Write a post and play along!

*********************************
Quintin (5 years old) - pleading with Grandma for a new toy

"Hey, Grandma, can you take me shopping for a new toy? Can we go somewhere like Toys R We?"

*********************************
Elle (2 1/2 years old)- traveling in the car

E - "Mom, where's my num?" (gum)

Me - "Did you swallow it?"

E - "No. (pause) Oh, me found it!"

Me - "Where was it Elle?"

E - "On my pants."

********************************
Elle - playing around in her bedroom when she should be sleeping

Me - "Elle, you need to get back into bed. And, no more sillies!"

E - "Nope!" (said with a cheesy grin)

Me - "This is not funny. I'm not laughing."

E - "Why?" (with head turned sideways and a concerned look for my well being)

********************************
Elle

Real word - yes or yeah

In Elle-ese"Yow"

Real phrase - Fishers of Men

In Elle-ese "Fifuu of ma"


I wish I could totally write out Elle-ese, because it's hilarious. She drops the ending sound of most words, so if you can go back and read it that way. Oh, but sometimes it can be frustrating. Fortunately Quintin can understand her. Maybe one of these days I'll have to videotape it and upload it to youtube. She keeps us laughing - and she knows it - that is why she was concerned when I wasn't. :D

Click over the Mary's to read more Tiny Talk Tuesdays.


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

24 comments:

Susan said...

Cute idea for you young mom's. I'll enjoy reading them every Tuesday.
Susan

Candace said...

Your children sound adorable!!! They are so much fun aren't they!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I love your kids! They are so funny. What great ages. So glad you participated and are recording these precious talkers. I love your daughter and her gum on the pants. Isn't it amazing how kids can interpret for siblings? Man, we used to call for K to come tell us what T wanted!

Lori said...

Don't you just love the things our little blessings say.
Those cracked me up.

I will have to check into her site.
This sounds like fun.

MorningSong said...

So funny!! I think kid-ese is hilarious!

My JB talks well but there are a few phrases he says that I always misunderstand. I think it is hilarious that HC translates for us! We all live in the same house yet she knows when the sound he makes means one thing or another!

Such fun!

jennifer said...

How fun! Of course kids don't need to be little to say cute things. Wait about 10 years...it gets even more delightful and you will record the things that they say then too!!

Great idea, now I need to find my num!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Listening to children's conversations is just so much fun. :o)

Julieann said...

Hi LieghAnn!!!! The pictures of you and your children are just gorgeous!!!! You look so beautiful and proud---I just love how you are sitting with the children all around---isn't that what being a mother all about, certain moments like that, that we can catch and cherish forever!!!

I can not believe how much your sweet baby has changed from month 3 to month 7--wow!!! He sure is a cutie:)

Have a great day my friend!
Julieann

~ Amy ~ said...

I'm tying to catch up on some blogs that I have been missing. So glad I saw this one. In some of the simplist ways kids can make a day can't they. By the way - I LOVE your new pictures at the top. Very very beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I know how hard it is to type out the words that kids are saying, because you just can't make 'em sound right with letters! :) Thanks for sharing!

Tara O said...

Kids are so adorable.

... said...

these are too cute. i love the things kids say. i could read a whole book of them. i'll just have to get my fix by visiting the blogs that are participating today.

i just love that you have your kid's pictures at the top of your blog. as i read something, i look up at them and try to imagine them saying whatever it is that your wrote. it makes them more adorable - if that's possible.

thanks for making me smile.

Jen said...

Brooklyn has to translate for me as well when I can't understand what Cooper wants! Very cute!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love the one about the gum....at least it wasn't in her hair!

Christy. said...

Your Elle sounds so much like my Karsen when it comes to gum! They sound so adorable!

Jane said...

I thought she was saying "fisher of mom" ma/mom/mother!

Toys R We... you need to send that to them!

out of the mouths of babes!!!

Anonymous said...

oh too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Lindsey and Jen could talk in complete sentences before they were two. Jenna was on her way to writing books by four. Alicia on the other hand could not say her "R's" and we had more fun just listening to her and trying to figure out what in the world she was saying. It was so cute and I still imitate her all these years later. Many times it took her sister to interpret for us. Those were some good times.

Tracy said...

So cute! Ah, you really should write it all down. My kids are about out of the stage where they say really funny things. I didn't write it all down, and now I forget so much.

Kelli said...

What a great idea! Your children sound adorable....too funny about the gum!
Kelli

Myrna said...

They are so precious and it is great that you will be recording those sweet sayings and conversations. It is so easy to forget as you move on to the next stage of life.

For months my granddaughter would say,"I can't like that," or I can't want to." when she meant "don't." Cracked us up!

Ruth said...

LOL!! Too cute. I bet it IS interesting to translate!! =o)

Amber said...

This sounds like FUN! I wanna do it too!!!!!!!!

0:) Amber

Amber said...

Thank God i'm not the only mother who let's their 2yo chew gum! Everyone nags me about it.

0:)Amber