Quintin got his laptop this past week during our church's VBS - the theme was Son*F*orce Kids - they were each Special Agents for God! I guess I should start to expect that my children will always have the newer technology as well as know how to use it! lol
Quintin had a great time this past week - he memorized and said his verse each night - and somehow managed to turn a few of the stories into pirate stories. Did you know that when Moses was put into the basket as a baby, that pirates took him? This is what he told me after the first night - I questioned him a little further and he did know the whole story. The other thing he remembered this week (Jezz - you'll love this) was that Karen, his teacher, had a rule, and that rule was that whatever cookie you touch first, is the one you take! hee hee (Of all the things to remember!)
Colin was only in the nursery, but this year they started a 2 year old class and Elle enjoyed herself, I think. Her teacher said Elle tried very hard to not have fun...that's my girl! argh
I spent the week out in the crafts department helping the 1st-6th graders and T was listening to the adult speaker.
I'm so thankful that my children will have these fun memories from VBS that I missed.
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
21 comments:
Too cute! And that sounds like a good rule to me. :)
Oh yes, they will know so much more than us ALWAYS!!! Sometimes they really do, sometimes they think they do and don't "o)!!!!
Glad Bible School was such a fun time for him and all the others.
Susan
We had VBS this week too and it was so fun! I was there with all 3 and we were completely exhausted each day, but we loved it!
Love the "folder" laptop! I didn't go to VBS either as I grew up. It's fun, isn't it?
I can't wait for HC to have this experience!! Our church didn't have VBS this year b/c they were moving into the new facilities. I was soooo looking forward to HC having fun in VBS. All the other Churches only started at 5 years old. I guess we will try it next year!
Elle cracks me up!! :)
That's funny! Love his new laptop.
I'm so glad for VBS too.
Maybe you will get a new laptop someday.
Kids seem to know so much about all the new technology!!!
i have such fond memories of vbs programs. my kids went to a few when they were really little. wish it had been more.
how cool that you guys went as a family and there was something for all of you.
pirates! too cute.
That's how I was when I took my kids. I am s happy that my kids have these things!!
So cute! I love the laptop!!
We just got Brooklyn a Barbie laptop for her birthday. She takes it everywhere with her. We start our VBS in a couple of weeks. Only we do it at night so that the whole family can take part in it. Which I think its a good idea! Glad they had fun and learned lots!
I still remember attending VBS as a child...singing "I'm in the Lord's Army!" Also, I love your new photos...and the cute little clothes pin holder you made from your daughter's pink top-VERY clever!! I wanted to let you know I have returned to blogville with a new name and address. You can now visit me at: www.awateredgarden.blogspot.com. I will be back for a visit and to catch up on reading postings made during my recent sabbatical. Blessings, Diane
LOL! I can just picture the cildren accidentally touching all the cookies at once-LOL! Cute laptop too:D
God Bless,
Amber
I love how kids tend to add their own twist to the story. This is one of Alicia's classic babysitting moments:
Favorite line of the weekend-
We were talking about Mount Everest…
Drew: You know one of the disciples climbed Mount Everest! Yeah, he went up to get the 10 Commandments. …I think it was Jonah.
Kids are so funny! No prirates there, but a few details mixed up, hehe. You gotta love it!
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed VBS. I still have great memories just like Diane. What a great way for a family to make great Christian memories and to grow in the Lord!
Sounds like a great week! I always loved VBS when I was a kid, and I put Christmas ornaments on our tree each year that I made at VBS. Such great memories for your little ones!
"... that rule was that whatever cookie you touch first, is the one you take!"
That's why I touch all the cookies. :-D
Sounds like a fun week was had by all...or mostly all.
VBS--A Great thing!
I like the cookie rule. I'll have to remember that one for the grands.
Hmmmm....seems like I've seen those kids at the top of your blog somewhere recently. Ha,ha! Nice to have met you in person!
Ha! What a cute laptop! It sounds like a wonderful VBS!
Kelli
My kids went to VBS with the Sonforce Kids theme, too. But they didn't get laptops. : ) I better make sure they don't happen upon your site... my boys would be sour. ha.
VBS was a wonderful week.
I am jealous...I want a laptop!! Do you think Quintin could hook me up??
Post a Comment