July 10, 2007

10th Winner & It's all over

Okay, the "It's All Over" part of the title, needs to be sung like at the end of a football game followed by the claps.

The final winner in my Birthday Give-Away contest and winner of the book The Ultimate Gift is:

Myrna


Congratulations!!

Drop me a line and I'll get that in the mail to you!

I've had a great time with these give-aways, I wish I had something I could give to each of you. Congratulations to the winners!
I do have one more give-away and this goes to someone who has entered all 10 days and still, bless her heart, has never won. So, Diana, please email me - I'd like to send you a Southern Living subscription! Thanks for playing everyone!

**************************************************

It's all over...the celebration, the birthday, the desire to hang on to being 31... ;D just teasing

I was talking to a dear friend on the phone last night and I mentioned that I've noticed as I get older, birthdays just aren't the same - they aren't as magical as they were when I was a little girl. Today came and went like any other day. No streamers hanging from the ceiling, no balloons. As a little girl, I always was so excited as the month of July approached - it just felt, I don't know, magical. And we didn't have huge birthday parties when we were children - I think my parents just had a way of making us feel special on our day.

But you know what? Yesterday did have a touch of magic - I was able to have a HUGE birthday party and invite all my friends to my little corner of the world (wide web). So many wonderful wishes for a happy birthday - it was awesome, so thank you all for your stopping by and for your sweet comments (whether you wrote 1 or 5)! My heart is full and overflowing, you have truly made this a very special birthday - one I'm not going to forget.

I am so blessed -
~A dear friend dropped off a card and cupcakes for me.
~My mom came out and gave me a big hug.
~My wonderful hubby commented on my blog and gave me a terrific birthday card.
~My children sang Happy Birthday countless times to me throughout the day.
~I have a family who loves me.
~I have a family to love.
~My mother in law called to wish me a happy birthday and is having us down on Thursday night for supper.
~My hubby said I didn't have to cook so I picked up take out!
~My ribs (thanks for the suggestion Aisha) were delicious.
~Even though they gave my order to the car that came ahead of me and I had to wait an extra 30 minutes while they remade my order - I was blessed with a free soda and chocolate cake!!
~I've learned that mistakes happen.
~I had the opportunity to speak with a dear friend, who doesn't live close, for almost 2 hours on the phone last night!
~I've been blessed with 32 wonderful and happy years of life.
~I'm blessed by each of you.


Thank you, Lord Jesus, for a wonderful and magical birthday this year. I pray an extra special blessing, today, on all who've blessed me.
Thank you my friends.


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had such a special day!!

Sandy said...

I'm glad you a had a nice birthday! I know what you mean about that "magic" your birthday use to bring and your right, it's not the same as you get older. But oh well, we can now make all those "magical" birthdays for our children which will be exciting!

weavermom said...

Sounds like you had a nice day! Don't you love the kids singing to you??

Anonymous said...

Have you ever wondered how many comments you can leave on someone's blog without blowing up the computer? hehe

I'm glad you had a great birthday. I had a fun day celebrating with you!

Today is the first day for you to begin planning for your 33 bday. Hmmmm, how can you ever top 32? Maybe a hot air balloon ride! Just a thought...doesn't someone have a blog by that name?

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So glad we could all celebrate with you and I met you in time! (of course, I didn't win...ha ha)

BUT, I am glad you had a GREAT day and spent some time reflecting on it.

jennifer said...

I loved this summer giveaway! I really think that you are such a wonderful charitable sweet woman. I love the list of important things in your life.


I am so glad that all went so well!

I still am singing, it is a leftover of the big party over here!!

Have a great year! It only gets better, although the fanfare is not as grand. You get to see amazing milestones of the children, so happy new year for you!!

Tracy said...

What a sweet post! Hey, is that really your PA plate? ISn't that too many letters?
So cool!

MorningSong said...

You are such a delight! I am glad we found one another!! I am not sure how that happened but I am thankful we did! You are so kind and a God-lover!! I also love how in love you are with your family!

You are the gift!! Thank God for your kindness and true friendliness!

I look forward to getting to know you more! Many blessings to you on this new year ahead of you! (I sooo hope you knew I was kidding with the 40 - I didn't mean anything by it!!)

Myrna said...

YIPEE!!!!

Thank you so much Leigh Ann for having such a great Birthday Celebration!

Thank you for the book. I will look forward to reading it.

I have a quirky little thing about birthdays. I enjoy celebrating them for other people, but don't care so much to celebrate mine. My family knows this, but they still make a great effort every year to mark the day. It's not an age thing. I guess I just have trouble having the spotlight on me. You have shown me that it is perfectly OK to celebrate--You made it a joint celebration by blessing others on "your" day! Thank you for that important perspective.

Happy day after your birthday!

Shelby said...

happy Wednesday!! hope your day is spectacular :)

Lori said...

I am glad you had a fun birthday.

Sounds like you did lots of fun things and all the special people in your life blessed you by calling or sending a card.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Happy Birthday! How awesome that we share a birthday. This is my last one though, I am going to stay 39 forever!

Ruth said...

Happy belated birthday! I've been stopping by, but I missed you yesterday. I'm glad you had a great day, and I pray this is the best year you've had yet!! And what a generous friend...giving away prizes for YOUR birthday. I need to remember that when mine rolls around. =o)

Amber said...

(your comment) funny you mentioned that, check your email soon:D

God Bless,
Amber

Rita Loca said...

Happy ,belated, birthday!

Tammy said...

Glad you had a great birthday! :)

And oh, to be 31 again!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

What a blessing! Birthdays should always be magical, even if it is only in the small ways. You see, my friend, you are the gift to be celebrated!

... said...

thank you, leigh ann, for thinking of me. you didn't have to give me anything for coming to your party (over 10 days). it was a great party and i enjoyed every day of it. hope you did, too. you are a very generous lady. thank you again.

... said...

i'm sorry... i should have added that i'm thrilled to get the subscription. i will really enjoy it. thanks again.

TO BECOME said...

I am glad you had a very happy birthday. When it is my birthday, I try to make it last a week. We have lots of fun and do the same on Jim's. It will be a good year for you, I just know. connie from Texas

Teresa said...

So glad you had a blessed day. It sounds like you have wonderful people in your life. Happy belated Birthday!