February 23, 2010

"Passionate" Playtime

Last evening, I made a suggestion to the kids to act out one of the two Bible stories I had read to them at breakfast.  The two stories were Daniel in the lion's den and the story of Jonah and the big fish.  (side note: we read them both from The Jesus Storybook Bible and I can't put enough good plugs in for this book - and no, I'm not getting paid or given anything for plugging this book - Its awesome and if you haven't checked it out, take a look, now!)

Thinking my kids would have fun acting these two stories out (since they act out every other movie/adventure we see/read) I was sure I'd have enough time to finish the dishes after supper and get some other odds and ends finished.

As they left the kitchen, I suggested doing Jonah's story first.

It didn't play out as well as it did in my mind.

But, I can say, they passionately displayed Jonah's persistence!

And that was before even acting out the story.  ;-)



post signature

5 comments:

Short Stop said...

WOO HOO for The Jesus Storybook Bible. It has changed our lives - both mine and Jason's and the boys'. I can never say enough about it either, though people have reasons to doubt my motives. LOL!!

SO cute, LA. Love the idea of reenacting the stories.

weavermom said...

My Punkin has the opposite issue - she would have acted it out for an hour!! :)

Cute!

Just Mom said...

LOL! Well, it was a great idea.

Cute cartoon.



:-D

Susan said...

Oh well, the well laid plans of men (and moms) often so awry.

... said...

lol. maybe they learned more than you thought =)