Then this past Fall/Winter, we had workers in to frame and drywall our basement. Which meant - everything had to come out ... EVERYTHING. It got packed up and moved to storage areas above our garage or it was moved out of the house for good. It was a good way to clear some things out that were still in original packing boxes when we moved in to the house in Sept of '05.
My sewing area was in that dark, cold basement. Ok, it isn't completely dark - but it was C.O.L.D. All my fabrics, threads and notions had to be packed up and put away. I didn't even sew the kids' trick or treat costumes last year because my sewing supplies were in lock-up.
Sometime, right before Christmas, they finished the drywall and we could move back in. We aren't planning to completely finish our basement for a few years, but the combination of framing and drywall assited in the addition of H.E.A.T. to our basement. Lovely, wonderful heat! No more frigid fingers while trying to sew. Or having to wear 5 layers while doing something I enjoyed!?!
My sewing essentials have moved back down and guess what?
I've got my grove back.
I feel like sewing again.
Wanna see?
They are both made from the same Amy Karol pattern, but I made the one on top smaller. After making the green flowery one, I realized I was carrying a dufflebag on my shoulder and my poor lil' wallet had nothing to snuggle in against to stay warm. The brown spring-is-a-comin'-soon bag (ironically, its picture snapped next to the 3' pile outside my kitchen door) is my new favorite bag.
WooHoo! LA's got her (sewing) groove back! :)
12 comments:
they are BOTH pretty!!!! Glad that mojo returned!
WOOHOO!
Absence makes the heart grow fonder in more ways than one :o)
They're both adorable! I'm with you...I don't like to carry dufflebags. I hope you get to enjoy your new sewing space more often.
way to go stella! i LOVE the first one. it would be a fantastic diaper bag.
They are beautiful! Glad your new space is not so hard on the fingers! :)
Sa-WHEET!!!! I love them both!
Let me know if you use that larger one for a diaper bag, LOL
Love them both! My dad just asked me the other day if I was taking a trip carrying my new suitcase. Oh, he's a funny guy!
I'd beg for one, but since I've already been blessed by your talents I won't get down on my knees (at least until I vlog it for you ;)
Those are both fabulous! I love the fabric that you used as well.
Very cool. I like them both!!!
glad to hear you're back in the groove. it's nice having a place where you can work comfortably.
i love the top one. i love the pattern and the fact that it's a little smaller.
Groove on girl!
Post a Comment