I found the pattern to this "summer sun dress" free at Joanns. It is truly simple with one seam down the back for the dress. And you add trim as you sew the hem.
The best part is the fabric is "mock smock." The fabric is gathered at the top already on the bolt - before you purchase it! See what I mean by easy?
The fabric is a little more expensive than a yard of just a cotton fabric, but just measure your daughter's chest before purchasing to make your dress - and if you get on Joann's mailing list (and email list) you get 40% off coupons almost every two weeks.



3 comments:
Oh, that's just simply adorable! Now if only I had a sewing machine...
... and a daughter.
:-D
I HAVE a daughter, AND a friend who thinks this project is so easy with it's one seam and hem-with-trim. hmmm.....I'll buy the fabric! ;o)
so cute... both of them (model and dress)
Post a Comment