July 7, 2009

It's the Little Things!

A few weeks ago, Diana tagged me for a 6 UNimportant Things That Make Me Happy meme.

Like the others, I had to determine what "unimportant" was in my life - and I decided it was the things that made me happy, but it didn't matter one tiny bit to someone else.
Without further ado, I present to you my list of 6 UNimportant things that make me, Momma Roar, happy.

1 - I am obsessed wtih mowing and creating lines in my yard. I know I sound like a nut job, but a freshly mowed lawn with a pattern makes me smile.



2 - Every now and then, when I'm outside mowing or hanging out laundry, I'll catch the smell of honeysuckle and that puts a smile on my face every time. It's like a little present just for me and I was there for the right moment to receive it.  The same is true for lilacs.

3 - I guess I could have grouped 1, 2 and 3 into a category of "being outside" - but then I would have had to think of more. ;-)  I love sitting on the beach, period.  But, the sounds enhance the experience.  I love hearing the ocean waves with the muffled sounds of families playing all around.

4 - I find happiness looking at the stack of papers I typed up last month filled with checklists of 2nd grade standards.  From this, I'm planning 0ur upcoming year and it feels so good to be so organized, realizing it's early in the ball ame and by the top of the 4th, I'll be maxed out on my organization abilities! ;-)

5 - Music makes me happy - especially "my" music.  We have a great local Christian radio station, but I grow tired of the commercials and weather and news.  We recently purchased a speaker for my iPod and now I can listen to my favorite music as well as the podcasts I enjoy...life is good!

6 - Happiness is, finding the gas tank filled when I jump in my truck!

What UNimportant things make you happy?  If you'd like to play along, consider yourself tagged!

post signature

9 comments:

Just Mom said...

Now why did I know mowing would be on your list, you nut.

;-D

Tracy said...

I think you have a great list! A freshly clean house and empty laundry baskets make me happy. I'm with you on the honeysuckle and lilacs.

Lynn said...

a full gas tank made it onto my list (from a while ago) too.

Renee said...

Love your list. Humm . . I'll have to think long and hard about my list.

Susan said...

Mowing would never be on my list but the honeysuckle and lilacs are and thankfully we have both in our backyard. The lilacs just don't last long enough :o)
Susan

krista said...

We've got so much in common it's kind of scary--in a good way of course! LOL.

Would LOVE to have a lilac bush someday.

... said...

what a wonderful list. it's been fun to see what simple things make people happy.

i could have put sitting on the beach, too. the sounds and the smells reaches deep into my soul.

Short Stop said...

Love your list! I've been working on an idea for mine - just need to finish it!

LOL at JM's comment.

Shirley said...

We have scads of wild honeysuckle and you are so right - it is divine!

Hey - your list for second grade standards caught my eye. Would you mind sharing where you found your info? That would be very helpful :)