November 18, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

The other week, I told the kids I was going to make Daddy's favorite pie, a lemon sponge pie.

Elle was eager to help.  As she watched me mix the ingredients, she asked, "When will you make my favorite pie for me?"

This struck me funny, because this pie I was making, was only the third pie I'd ever made.  And we don't eat pie other than holidays.  So, I needed to question her further.

"So, Elle" I asked, "What is your favorite pie?"

She answered very matter of factly, "Watermelon pie!"

"Oh really?"  I replied, "But you don't like watermelon when we have it in summer."

"Oh, but I like watermelon pie."

What's a mom to do?  I goo*gled 'watermelon pie' and actually found a recipe for a frozen pie.  I'll keep it in my stash for next summer - but first I'll ask to see if she has a new favorite by then.



Happy Tiny Talk Tuesday!
post signature

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Watermelon pie, huh? She's a clever one! Cute, too!

Monica said...

hmm, I think I'll stick to fresh watermelon Elle!

weavermom said...

That's funny! Wonder where she got the idea for watermelon pie? :)

Susan said...

Darling picture of her!!! I'm sure iher pie celection will probably change by next summer.
Susan

Tracy said...

Watermelon pie? Who would have thunk it?!? :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh we LOVE pie at this house. my kids ask for it regularly--our favorite is cherry...but that may just be because it's mom's favorite and gets made most frequently.

Erin said...

Oh, a frozen watermelon pie, sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the pie, but Dave thinks Elle is sooooo cute!

Andrea said...

Truthfully - watermelon pie doesn't really sound that good to me. But I guess it's good to try new things, huh?
Great pic! Hope 1st grade is still going well - we are nutso busy over here....
Andrea

michelle said...

Hey any pie is worth a tryin'! I LOVE homeade pie!!!

Lynn said...

Cute! I love that she said it so matter-of-factly...

Mary@notbefore7 said...

and no doubt she will have a new favorite...possibly by next week :)