November 13, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts



- Is it too early to wish for spring? I enjoy fall and winter, I really do, but there is something about a cloudy day, like today, that makes me long for sun, sun, sun. I think it is time for a sun and sand vacation! Oh, Poppa Roar!!!! ;-)

- I'm eager to get my Christmas shopping done so I can spend time enjoying the advent with the kids.

- No, I'm not pushing past Thanksgiving...we are with T's family for Thanksgiving day so I have no preparations to do. Friday evening we are having some of my family for turkey sandwiches and other goodies which won't be as hectic to plan for as the actual day - so I'm feeling relaxed. When I'm relaxed, I like to stress myself out by looking ahead to the next item on the agenda! Planning, planning, planning!

- As much as today's clouds could make my mood gloomy, I'm deciding instead to look forward to the beach trips we have planned for next summer. 7 months - let's start a countdown now! :-P
- What on earth did we do to have 2 children born in the month of December? Ok, granted, I know the obvious answer...but, boy, is it tough planning with 2 birthdays next month.

- Is it Sunday yet?

- I continue to be amazed by seeing how God takes care of all the little details. It is a thrill to see something come together - that looked impossible a week ago.

What are you thinking about this Thursday?

post signature

16 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

ya know for some crazy reason i am not stressed out (or even over-planning) the holidays at all this year. i'm just EXCITED for them.

i love, love, love this time from now through new year's. after that, i'll be singing the "is it spring yet" tune too.

Renee said...

I'm thinking I don't want to go out in this weather to all the appointments I have scheduled today - yuck! Do you think they would give me a "rain check?" ;-) LOL

On the brighter note - I glad I don’t have young kiddos to tote around in this weather anymore - yeah!!

Susan said...

You make me laugh. Are you sure you are still off the Pepsi or Coke (can't remember which one it was)?????
Susan

Anonymous said...

I love fall best. But spring is nice too :)...
Christmas is just around the corner. I feel so repetitive but time is just flying by. I vary between two thoughts, "how can I get it all done" and "I'll blink and it will be over anyway all finished."

Tracy said...

I look forward to the holilays. Time with family. No work. Gotta love that!!

Although after Christmas is over...I am done with Winter. BRING on Spring! HA!

It's been raining here all morning. It's melting the snow (which is nice) but hopefully the temps doesn't drop too much.

Monica said...

Gosh, I can't believe the holidays are here already. The radio stations have started playing Christmas music already. I'm debating if I want to start shopping, or wait until crazy black Friday, I read somehwere that store give their best deals that day, and especially in the wee morning hours! Do I dare get up at the crack of dawn to get some good deals??

Just Mom said...

Thank you. I was thinking about my gray eyebrow hairs until I read your post. Now I'm thinking, "Only five more weeks." :-D

Amber said...

My thoughts
- Why did I agree to be on another committe board?
- What should I make for supper tonight?
- I really need to hire someone to clean my house.
- I wish it was the weekend.
- When JM said 5 weeks until Christmas. That made my stomach jump.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post LA. It helps that I'm listening to Christmas music, thank you very much!

I don't mind winter either, just the driving part. Now that the leaves are all up I'm ready for the snow to fall.

Soon I will start my online shopping for the kids, but first Texas here I come!

Oh yes, our God is faithful to fill in the gaps that we allow in our lives, we only need to let Him.

Kari said...

I get to plan a birthday party too. Onna's birthday is coming up. I used to be made at my mom for having me so close to Christmas. Now I know how that happens. LOL

Kari said...

mad at my mom, not made at my mom... oops

Tammy said...

We had that kind of dark, gloomy day yesterday...and pouring rain all day long! It does put a damper on the mood, and once Christmas is over, I'm even more pining away for spring!

Today, the sun came out so brightly thought...how could two days be SO different?

But all in all, spring is actually my favorite season too.

Christy. said...

This Thursday I am thinking about.....
-How quickly 5 years went since Karsen was born.
-How nice it is to go out to dinner with three kids and actually enjoy myself.
-How bad my stomach feels after said dinner. :0)
-How wonderful my hubby is that he met me at the kids' haircuts and brought me a grande extra hot nonfat latte, without me even asking.
-Will our adoption ever happen and if so, what agency should we use?
-Should I mop the floors tonight or early tomorrow morning?? :0)
-How wonderful it is that the rain has stopped for a few days, 3 inches in two days was dreadful!

... said...

that little baby looks like he is hyped up on pepsi! you didn't give him any, did you?

you know, you could put one of those counter-ticker things on your sidebar counting down to beach vacations.

and you're in trouble if susan can tell you've been drinking the "stuff" again and she didn't read it on facebook. =/ yikes!

The Miller Family said...

I know how the multi-birthday months can be. The other three members of my family were all born in November... UGH! And I host Thanksgiving too. Yes, I am just a wee bit crazy. But planning certainly makes everything manageable... right? right???

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So what is it that came together so well for you? I know I am a bit out of the loop right now...

Let's see -it appears you and the hubby have lots of fun in March...ahem...

We have lots of bdays during the holidays too - it can be hectic - I totally hear ya!