November 14, 2008

Drawing 101

I think it thrills all parents to see the skills and talents that develop in their children.  It especially thrills me when I see a skill developing that I myself, do not possess.

Quintin loves to draw, he always has.  We decorate the sliding glass doors next to our kitchen table with the kids many drawings.  I took a few down to share today - so please excuse this mommy gloating post! ;-)

A drawing of one of the many toy gu.ns laying around the house:


Star Wars - Chewbacca, R2D2, a storm trooper, C3PO with various spaceships in the background.

His newest challenge?  Drawing Calv.in and Hob.bes.  We picked up a used book of Ca.lvin and Hobb.es "There's Tre.asure Every.where" at a book store when we were at the cabin the other weekend.

This was the cartoon he liked:


And here is my budding artist's rendition:
 

With each drawing, he amazes me.  I just wish I could learn how to help him not be such a perfectionist.  When he doesn't like what's he drawn, he gets so upset and crumbles up the paper.  But his dad tells me that was how he was as a kid...I guess the apple didn't far fall...huh?

post signature

18 comments:

... said...

those are really good. great job quintin!

hope you have a wonderful weekend.

sarah said...

hey, um...I was wondering if you could help me with my blog layout?

Just go look, its awful. I explained in a post what I want to happen but I can't do it.

If you could help me out it would be SO appreciated...THANKS!

Susan said...

Great job!!!
Susan

Tracy said...

He's quite good! And by the way, you're allowed to gloat. I would, too!

Monica said...

oh my goodness. You have a future artist ! The star wars characters were great!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

wow, how old is he? those are fabulous!

i'm always a bit proud myself when i see olivia's illustrations for things at school. they are very good.

MorningSong said...

He definitely has an artistic gift! WOW! GREAT JOB Q!!!!!!

You are creative - may not be that art is your outlet but I am sure his creativity is somehow sparked from you as well!

Momma Roar said...

Quintin is almost 6 1/2

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow...he IS talented!

michelle said...

Looks like an artist in the making. So great. Love learning their talents and encouraging them along the way!

Tracy said...

Great pictures!! I love when kids are learning to draw and get very creative! LOVE IT!!!

Sally said...

I just stopped by your blog and really like your posts. :) Treasure all those little artworks. They are precious.

The Miller Family said...

They are just incredible! He's quite talented.

Anonymous said...

Even Mr. Dave thought these were pretty good! Great job Q!

weavermom said...

He does a great job!! :)

Tammy said...

You do have a budding artist for sure!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

How cool is that?!

That was one of my favorite parts of teaching at the waldorf school—the story-telling and the drawing.

You guys are amazing!

Heather K said...

Hi Leigh Ann
great drawings! he's sure got a talent.
This gives me an idea for a post..I have some amazing artists in my household too! Come on over and see what we've been up to!
Heather