May 6, 2008

Success!!

**See update at bottom of post**

I did it!!

I did not think I could!!

But I did!!

An average of 1 oz an hour - a 24 oz bottle a day...and I did it!!

What you ask...

I haven't had a Pepsi!!

Who knew it could be done?!

Who knew it could be done by me?!

Who knew I could last so long?

But I did!!

And I haven't even had a sip of Pepsi in like....forever....it seems...

But I did it!!

And I've held out a whole lot longer than I thought I could!!

And ya know, it wasn't that hard!!

I will have to reflect on some other things I could give up (cleaning, laundry...oh wait, those are necessary, aren't they?)

Gee, I certainly hope its as easy the next few days as it was these last 24 hours!

;-D



**This wasn't something I had planned - I just decided I needed to try to snack a little healthier and decided pepsi was something to let go of - SO, we'll see how long it lasts!!**


post signature

16 comments:

MorningSong said...

Glad you are detoxing!! I have been praying for you to be delivered from this drug of choice! :) I hope you do not hit the wall with your detox!

You can do it!! Hang on!!! Your body will not collapse! hee hee

You are truly an amazing woman!! You sew, you make rugs, you run a business on the side, you create great tabs for blogs, you home school, you cook, you create, you are happy and content, and you can detox yourself!

WOW!! :) I am amazed once again!

Tracy said...

Are you giving it up for good? As you know, I drink diet, but have vowed not to bring it into the house. I allow myself a treat when I'm out for lunch or dinner.

Christy. said...

Great job! Keep it up!!

Shirley said...

Wow - I am impressed! What do you do about the headache? Or do you get them? J always teases me about my need for coffee :)

Just Mom said...

Congratulations on giving up Pepsi. I'm surprised it took you this long to give up that vile drink. I would have given it up a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong time ago.


Long live Coca-Cola!



;-D

Lynn said...

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." Hang in there! You know now we all want to know how long you make it! Pressure's on!

Tammy said...

YAY YOU! I know making changes isn't easy, so congratulations!

(I need to cut back a little on coffee...usually only two cups, but I think I can feel the caffeine a bit more than I use to!)

... said...

congratulations! just the decision to do it must have been hard.

i feel like i'm out of the loop. everyone seems to have known you were doing this. did i miss a post or something.

i'm sure if you were addicted to coke, it would be much harder. you'd have more soda 'love' for it =) good luck with your commitment.

Lori said...

Congratulations on giving up Pepsi.
Great job!

weavermom said...

I did not know this was something you wanted to do? Why?

I can tell you're excited!! Congrats!!

Andrea said...

What a great choice! Your body will thank you for the lack of tons and tons of useless calories. Although - it will put up a fight and beg you for the Pepsi for a week or two. You may even find yourself to be quite cranky or headachy for a bit.
But don't give up! It's a good choice for your health!
Blessings,
Andrea

Kelli said...

Woohoo! I gave up drinking coke just over a year ago. I will have one every couple of months, if we have a get-together at the house. Leftovers get poured down the drain though-I don't trust myself. LOL Keep up the great work!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I used to be as hooked on Coke and once I gave it up I never looked back. I have one occasionally if we go out to eat, but I feel so much better drinking water.

Short Stop said...

I am waiting for the rapture. This is a sure sign it is coming. ;)

Good for you, LA! I started drinking water instead of (ahem) Coke about a month ago and I feel SO much healthier. My soon to be brother-in-law wrote a post on what Coke does to your body and it freaked me out.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

YIPPEE! It is a good thing...course, Eric gives it up every week...again ;)

Hope you have more success.

Tracy said...

Uh oh! I don't think I can do it. No matter how hard I try. Can't do it.

PROPS to you!!!

WAY TO GOOOOO!