October 27, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Homeschool Co-op with Colin...
I'm not usually in Colin's class at co-op, but last week I needed to fill in for a mom whose little one was at home sick. Colin was very excited to have me in his class and to show me off. He walked up to a group of children and said, "Dat's my mum," and came and put his arm around me. He further showed his cuteness by pulling up a chair for me after I tried to sit next to him on the floor for storytime! After the display of adorable-melt-my-heart-ness, he proceeded to not pay attention to the story and wander around the room.

* * * * * *
Bedtime Prayers with Elle...

"Dear Jesus, Thank You for this day. Thank You for the ... Mom, was it sunny today? [MmmHmm] Thank You for the sunshine. And thank You that we could ... Mom, did we play outside a lot today? [MmmHmm] Thank You that we could play outside a lot today. And please let it be sunny tomorrow!"

* * * * * *
Lunch with Quintin...
One day, Quintin had asked if he may make lunch. I was planning on cooking up some hotdogs on the stove so I told him sure. He was most pleased to roll the hotdogs around in the buttered pan with the wooden spoon. Colin and Elle were running around the kitchen and Quintin told them to get ready or he'd cook their hotdogs "until they were very black," if they didn't settle down. I ushered them into the bathroom to wash up and assisted Quintin with the plates and rolls. I pulled the tongs out of the drawer and placed them nearby for him to get them out of the pan. The hotdogs were ready, the younger two at the table and Quintin was eager to put them into the rolls for each of us. He turned the heat off and asked, "Mom, will you hand me the pliers?"


For more tiny talkers, visit Mary.
post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Quintin told them to get ready or he'd cook their hotdogs "until they were very black," if they didn't settle down"

Children live what they learn, bawhahahaha! Nice one Leigh Ann!
Just Kidding! I love Q and I love the whole story pliers and all :D

Just Mom said...

I told you it was a blog-worthy moment. :-D

Short Stop said...

LOL at JM!

I love the pliers. SO funny!

And, Elle. What a sweetheart! I love this age!

AnnG said...

Love that he ushered you in like royalty and then he ignored the point of the whole time -- the story! Sound most familiar!!

... said...

all three are so cute. and what a great helper Q is. what a nice meal that must have been... for everyone.

michelle said...

I did a "tiny" post too but it dealth with a different part of the body. :)

Jolanthe said...

the pliers comment is just too cute!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL..THAT is a boy for you :) But with you, he'll learn his way around a kitchen!!!

Elle is adorable and made me laugh out loud!

Oh I am having fun catching up with your family!