October 15, 2009

Milk - it does a body good!

My daughter is the sneakiest of our 3 children when it comes to eating.  She is even fussy when it comes to drinking milk.  And the funny thing is, when you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, her answer is always a doctor...a bone doctor!  She hasn't made the connection between milk and bones yet!

So, last night we had some chili for supper!  A cooler weather favorite in this house.  We typically add a dollup of sour cream to help cool down the kids' bowls.  But, last night, our chili was Smokin'!  And I do mean HOT!  The only thing I did differently was I used chipotle chili instead of regular chili powder.

To ease the burning, we poured a glass of milk for each of the kids.  Well, Elle drank and drank! 

Woohoo - we finally figured out a way to get her to drink milk! ;-)


post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sneaky momma!

We had meatloaf made from my grandma's recipe. It was yummy and a nice hot meal on a cold fall day.

Tracy said...

Poor Elle! My grandma always taught me that eating a piece of bread is better than drinking when your mouth is hot from spicy things. Don't tell Elle, though. She may never drink milk again!

Jezz said...

Chili is a wonderful meal! You keep making chili...we need lots of milk drinkers to support our business! Glad you use sour cream as well! :)

Monica said...

my kids are not milk drinkers at all. Once they stopped bottles, the milk was history. I don't drink milk either so I guess it runs in the family.

Just Mom said...

"The only thing I did differently was I used chipotle chili instead of regular chili powder."

...and this was totally done by accident.

Tara O said...

ROTF!!! Mean ole momma

Kari said...

Onna will drink milk, but she doesn't want it cold. She wants it warmed in the microwave first. Whatever...I don't understand it, but if she'll drink it that way, I'll do it. I don't drink milk at all, so I'm just glad she's drinking it.

We put mozzeralla cheese in our chili.

... said...

milk is always recommended to put out the fire after eating jalepenos or peppers.

i've never heard of chipotle chili powder. i'm going to have to look for that.

Susan said...

Now I am SURE that will be a family story in years to come. So funny!

:-) Susan