One of my husband's favorite meals is his mom's Chicken Tetrazinni. I agree it is yummy, but when I cam across this take on the recipe, in my Southern Living magazine, I had to give it a try.
The magazine featured many variations, but I went with the one they pictured in their magazine, pictured below. I know you will love it too! Of all the recipes, I think this was T and my favorite!!
Chicken Tetrazzini with Prosciutto and Peas
3 oz finely chopped prosciutto
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 (7-oz.) package vermicelli
3 c chopped cooked chicken
1 c (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 (4-oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 c dry dry white wine
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cfrozen baby English peas, thawed
1/2 cslivered almonds
Sauté prosciutto in hot vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp.
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 6 ingredients; stir in prosciutto, pasta, and peas. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 8-oz. ramekins or a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Thanks for joining me for A Tasteful Week - if you try any of the recipes, please let me know! They'll be posted on my cooking blog, for easier reference, next week.

4 comments:
that's too funny. At my bridal shower, Michele gave me a recipe for chicken tetrazzini. I make it all the time. I guess it's probably Judy's recipe.
This is a dish our daughter, Suzette, makes a lot.
Susan
I'm on my way to the store! I know what I'm making for dinner!
Thanks for visitng my blog and good luck with the giveaway!
Post a Comment