January 28, 2009

Wash-out Wednesday

As I opened the door to snap this picture, I could hear the rain hitting the snow.
Not a nice day to sled - wash-out.

My driveway is covered in snow.
My husband is 50 min away for an all day meeting.
I had minor outpatient surgery on Monday.
The driveway will not be cleared - wash-out.

All the schools were cancelled.
Including, co-op. Today was to be our first class for the spring semester - wash-out.

While it looks yucky inside, we are snuggling up after eating some warm cinnamon buns and getting ready to watch some movies - wash-out perfect!!

post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy a lazy day. You will have enough insane and busy days ahead, that's just the life of a young mom.

Just Mom said...

I'm glad you're "resting" today.

Renee said...

I'll be right there!

Are there any cinnamon buns left?

My kiddos are out playing in this. They don't care that they are getting soaking wet, the sled is soaring! I’ll have some hot coco when they come in :-)

Tracy said...

Cinnamon buns and a movie? Perfect, indeed! Rest up!

Tracy said...

Take care of yourself and enjoy your day...

Heidi Jo Comes said...

making the most of a wash-out wednesday. even though i don't want the weather to go with it, i am kind of wishing we had a no-school day soon. i miss them.

Susan said...

I'm glad you have a day where you and the kiddo's can curl up and enjoy. You need it, after the hectic pace you keep.
Susan

Short Stop said...

Did someone say cinnamon buns? YUM!

Maxine said...

Now that sounds wonderful! Wish we could do the same, but we're "snowed under" - with school work! Enjoy yourself!

Kristina said...

Thanks sounds like the perfect day! Enjoy!

Susan said...

This is one thing we kind of "miss out on" here in Florida. I mean we get "hurricane" days every once in a while...but usually there is frenzy and prep going on during that time. I hope you enjoyed your time together.

:-) Susan

... said...

it really does sound nice.

didn't hear anything about your surgery. hope it went well and you're doing okay.