April 4, 2008

Show & Tell

Today is Show & Tell Friday, visit Kelli's to see more!


"Welcome to “Show and Tell Friday!” Do you have something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, or a treasured collection. Look around your home for something to share; dig through those boxes in your closet if you have to! Share photos and the story that goes with your special item."
My last show and tell was about the sewing machine my mother had given me and that I wanted to purchase a new one.

After checking out some different brands, I decided on this Brother machine. I found it for a great deal - almost half of its retail value. Its a special edition featuring the "Project Runway" show logo. I'm not familiar with the show, but if someone is using this machine for not only several people to create clothing with but to be featured on a realty tv show - I knew it was a good one! My parents came with me - Dad stayed in the truck with the kids and my mom and I went in the store. She liked it so much, she bought one for herself as well - not only was it such a great deal - but she needed an upgrade to do her quilts! (quilts, part 1 and quilts, part 2)

I've done several projects and I absolutely love it! I had started this one last Fall but didn't finish it because I knew it was too big for Elle. When I make her clothing, I have to do a size smaller than her age - she's a half pint like her mom!!! :)

And, Wednesday afternoon, I started my second project and finished it yesterday. I used Sewsensible's Twirl Skort pattern and I absolutely love it. Yesterday morning the kids and I went to the mall and I found the top at Kohl's! Its a perfect match. Now all we need is some warmer weather and she's all set!

Thanks for visiting my Show & Tell - Have a wonderful weekend!!!


post signature

28 comments:

Monica said...

Adorable skirt! great job. You are such a little homemaker. I took sewing in 4H but couldn't do it now if I tried. I could never understand the patterns. But I could use a sewing machine for little things like hemming pants. Where did you find yours?

Just Mom said...

You've never watched "Project Runway"??!!



(actually, i haven't watched it since 2006).


Anyway ... Elle looks simply mah-vel-ous in her outfits. Have you made anything for your boys?

SewSensible said...

oh no.....:) is there a "sewing blog" in the making??!!!!! Wow, what fun that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Love the outfits and the machine!

... said...

i think i've said it before but i'll say it again... i'm in awe of those who can sew. wish i could.

the two outfits you made elle are darling. and such a cute litte model she is. have a great weekend.

Muum said...

a new machine! that's great. I love the skirt, I'll have to go look at the pattern.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Good choice in machines! Your sewing is awesome! Such cute things.

kdwhorses said...

Great looking machine! Love the outfits!

Amber said...

LOVE the skirt!
I'm ALL ABOUT sewing, I'm not an expert, but I enjoy doing it none the less.
I'll have to check out the sewing site.
Honestly, was the skirt easy to make?
It looks like when Elle twirls the skirt will go out, my girls are all about skirts like that!
Also, I'm going to be in Philly in a couple of months for work. Are they any sites or places you recommend that I check out?

Hootin Anni said...

I think you made an excellent choice. And I love all you've made...your model if top notch too!!! :::giggles:::

Hope you can stop by and pay me a visit sometime soon. I'd love to have you!!!

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on your new purchase. You will have such fun sewing - especially with a little girl. Your work looks great.

Anonymous said...

Cutest little half pint around the block hands down.

LA, you always amaze me! How did I end up with all these creative and crafty friends?

Hmmmm, maybe I should haul out a photo of the stuff I made for Lindsey...could be fun. I haven't really done any sewing since.

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt and the dress. What patterns did you use? I want to make some fun summer clothes for my girls. I am such a novice though, that the project has to be for a beginner.

How fun!

Susan said...

What a wonderful machine. Love the two things you've made Elle. I especially love the blue skirt.
Susan

Tracy said...

Leigh Ann,
You did a wonderful job! AND Elle looks happy about her new clothes too. A bonus!

Simply Heart And Home said...

The outfits you have sown are so cute! Great work. It must be a delight to work on your new machine. :)

cherished*vintage said...

Super cute skirt! Have fun creating lots on your new machine.
-Karoline

Short Stop said...

YOU are one talented lady!

These outfits are precious and Elle looks so sweet in them!

I love the way you posted the photos...VERY cool!

j said...

Oh PRETTY! I wish that I could sew. The girls are so sweet in those outfits.

Jennifer

Martha said...

I like your new machine. You did a great job on the dress. Thanks for sharing. I like your header too - looks really original!

Blessings,
~Martie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your new sewing machine looks like it's fun to play with. :) Your outfits are just precious.

Susan said...

So so so impressive. This is an area that I lack total know-how. I love the projects you've completed.

Hugs,

susan

weavermom said...

Beautiful! :)

Andrea said...

Ohhh, those are so nice! I wish could sew like that - girl stuff is so pretty!
Good job on finding the machine!
Andrea

Lynn said...

I'm with Monica...I sewed a dress in 4H, but I couldn't tell you how to thread a sewing machine anymore.

Keep practicing so I can hire you to make me some stuff when I get back home. :o) Both the jumper and the skort are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Farrah said...

Your little poem on your comments page is cute! :-)

The clothes you made are adorable! It's probably a good thing I never learned to sew. I'd probably go crazy with it! It must be very fun picking out patterns for your little "pint sized" doll!

Thank you for visiting my blog!

nancy said...

Congrtulations on your new machine. Your sewing looks great. What a cute little pixie is Elle. I love your blog look. Nice design, details and colors.
Nancy

The Apron Queen said...

You are talented!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW...OK, you are so fabulous. I just adore the fabrics you picked out - that blue skirt is so GREAT!

Loving them.


Oh - and I LOVE project Runway - Eric and I are addicted to it!