April 25, 2008

Projects

What a full week! And a good week! It was a hard start at the beginning of the week: Sewing or Cleaning....which one to do???

Over the weekend, I got this fun pattern. Quintin has been wanting me to sew something for him and I didn't really know what I could make him. This week, well almost in a day really, I made some shorts for all the kids. I used a hunting camouflage fabric for the boys, leftover from this project. I had some Hello Kitty fabric that Elle really wanted me to make something with. But I didn't want to make her a dress/skirt...'cause then she'd want to wear it Sunday mornings. And I'm just not sure Sunday mornings are ready for Hello Kitty!! LOL!!! ;-)




These pictures make me smile- Elle and Quintin picked the poses themselves!!

While I did do some sewing...I knew I needed to clean too!

I spring-cleaned each of the kids bedrooms and their bath. And, we re-arranged the furniture in Elle and Quintin's rooms. They love how their rooms look now. Except, Elle was used to sleeping with one side of the bed against the wall...so far, she's only fallen out once! UGH!!

It feels so good to walk into their rooms now...not that they looked awful, but they just look more fresh and clean! Even the kids notice it!

I'm not going to post any pictures of their rooms today, I'll save them til next week, for Mary's Design Inspiration Carnival! You can find the link at the top of my left sidebar.


I'm taking "design liberties" and posting the graphic here! Can you see that white text at the bottom left of the paint brush graphic? That's me!! Wheee!!!!

So, that was my week. A few big projects tackled...a few more to go - but at least I could let go of some dust bunnies!

Have a great weekend!


post signature

23 comments:

Just Mom said...

"...Elle was used to sleeping with one side of the bed against the wall...so far, she's only fallen out once!"


LOL. When we first moved in to this house (two years ago), we decided to stop using the guard rails on Just Son's bed. For the first week, we kept hearing thuds from his upstairs room about an hour after he fell asleep. We eventually figured out that he was falling out of his bed -- and then crawling back in to it.

The guard rails are back up. Yes, we're great parents.

:-D

Just Mom said...

Oh! Almost forgot:

1) L-O-V-E the shorts.
2) L-O-V-E the graphic.
3) L-O-V-E the fact that I beat Mary to your blog again.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

"Quintin has been wanting me to sew something for him...."

seriously? my kids would have NO idea that a person is capable of actually making clothing. they think that only the powers of the mall hold that capability:0)

so wish you lived close enough to teach me a thing or two.

weavermom said...

The shorts look fantastic! :)

Tracy said...

You have been BUSY!!! Sewing and spring cleaning? WOW!!!!

Love the graphic!

... said...

it always feels good to accomplish something - ANYTHING! and even more so if it's cleaning.

but i'm glad you sewed too and had your kids model your handiwork. the shorts look great. and to think that elle posed herself made me lol =)

have a great weekend.

MorningSong said...

Can't wait to see the kids' rooms!!

The shorts are GREAT! I think I should have made shorts for HC out of the fabric we discussed. I'm not loving how the shirt turned out - not b/c of the shirt but the fabric is so silly to me. :) Oh well!

YOU are doing a FABULOUS JOB!! (love the poses too! haha)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Love the shorts, the poses, and the graphic you designed!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! They are way cute! Wanna do some sewing for me? ;-)

Heather K said...

Great job on the shorts! The kids seem so proud of them....and I love their poses--too funny..is Quentin on your rock wall along the driveway? it's almost believable that he's at a waters edge.

michelle said...

Cute shorts!! You are so creative! I'm with Heidi...I don't think my kids know that there is such a word and/or thing as sewing.

Short Stop said...

YOU are so talented! Sewing, cooking, graphic design. The shorts are awesome, and the graphic is, too! :)

My mom made us homemade jams when we were little...remember those? I loved them!

Tracy said...

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but um....you're crafty!

:)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Is there anything you can't do gal? Man o Man.

I still think the mommaroar should be bolder.

JM has thrown me off...what up with the sunflower? Where's her face? ;) But yes, sigh, she beat me again.

I love the shorts. They are so darling and I can't wait to see their rooms! (with no dustbunnies)

Anonymous said...

I love those cute shorts. They all look adorable. Don't you enjoy a good sewing project??? I sure do.

Thanks for coming by today. It has been awhile since I have been here to visit and it was fun to see your kiddos again.

I am going to check out he design link. Sounds like fun.

Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Loved those shorts you sewed. You are so talented. I sure wish I could sew.
They all look so cute in their new shorts.

Lynn said...

So fun! I love that you don't think Sunday mornings are quite ready for Hello Kitty prints...lol!

I want to go shopping for fabric again soon, so really, 1 yard is enough for most of your projects? You want pretty girl prints, bold prints, boy prints, sock monkey prints, or all of the above?

...and yes, I am sucking up so you will make some cute things for my baby girl when we get home!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I will get my spring cleaning done by fall. That will kill two birds with one stone.

(I'm giving up on the moderation. I've not been able to get one right on any of the blogs I've been to. They have changed the look to make it more complicated and I'm tired of trying. Guess I'll have to stick to bloglines.)

Shirley said...

Just darling shorts!

Kelli said...

You had a very productive week, Leigh Ann! The outfits you made are adorable and your kiddos are so cute!
Hugs,
Kelli

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Way to go, LA! They are adorable! I finished a dress for me, finally, just in time for the Retreat formal dinner 2 weeks ago. I'll have to post it. I did Maisie's dress last spring and bought the fabric for mine at the same time...just now got around to making the darn thing!

Looking forward to catching up on Tuesday!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I am actually the first one on the new post that hasn't posted, so I had to comment here.

But I am first. Kinda.

*wink

Susan said...

This reminded me of when my Mom used to make cute little shorts for my boys. And, by the way, your little one could have come to my "camo" party last week. Those shorts are darling.

Hugs,

Susan