April 8, 2008

1 Click - Friendship

You know on amazon.com, where you can sign on for 1-click ordering? Where in just 1-click your order is on its way to your house? Well, this post is about 1-click Friendship.

1-click onto a blog that started much more than I could have ever imagined.

Honestly, I cannot remember how I stumbled across it - I believe God's hand was involved! I do know that the friendship started with food - my first comment was left on a post about cookies - chocolate chip cookies - and boy, are they yummy.


As I kept visiting this blog, I noticed we had similar interests:


~She was originally from the east coast. (I'm on the east coast)


~She featured a lot of Southern Living at Home products in her posts. (I sell SL@H)


~She had two boys (I have two boys). And hers, now 3, are all so adorable.


~She featured a lot of wonderful looking recipes and shares her love of being in the kitchen! (I like to cook/bake)


~And, she has a super fun personality that kept me coming back for more. (I love to laugh)


~One pretty cool thing that we discovered through chatting, was that one of her college roommates went to high school with me! (This means she knows how to pick great friends!! Right, Lynn?)

So, what do you do when you meet a blogger that you have so much in common with? Well, you pick a date to get together when she comes into town and actually...MEET HER!!


    (We even dress similarly!!)

    Sarah, aka Short Stop, came back east for a visit last month and we set a date to meet at Cracker Barrel (what is it with me, bloggers, driving in the rain, and Cracker Barrel?)

    She had arrived before I...ahem...traffic! But, when I walked in and saw a momma pushing a stroller and sporting a Vera Bradley bag - I knew it was her!! I sneaked up from behind and told her the bag and stroller were a dead giveaway!!

    Sarah is so warm and bubbly on her blog - and even more so in person!!

    It was like we had met like this a dozen times before. It wasn't awkward or strange at all.

    Those who read both our blogs can probably guess that we had plenty to keep busy talking about - and we did manage to gobble up some dinner (and dessert) too!

    When we left, we asked the cashier to take our picture. She asked if we were sisters and she seemed to enjoy watching the two of us interact with one another. What a special treat that she said that to us - it was just the perfect topper to the evening!!

    Thank you Sarah for finding the time to fit me in to your travel schedule - I am just so glad that we could get together!! And, I enjoyed that I got some time with little Lincoln too!!

    So yeah, 1-click friendship - a comment left on a post about cookies. And the following comments, emails and g-chats grew into something so much more! Thank you for your friendship, Sarah!



    post signature

    15 comments:

    Andrea said...

    This post reminds me of how much I am loving meeting people in the bloggy world! Isn't is amazing how you can get to know someone like this starting with just 1 click? Sounds like you two had a great time!

    I left a comment about spelling at http://heritage-academy.blogspot.com/2008/04/week-25.html for you since I thought others might benefit from the dialogue. Thanks for your $.02!
    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ps. My favorite cracker barrel entre (tough choice actually) is their catfish - mmmmmm....

    Susan said...

    How VERY special!!! You are both blessed to have made connection and get to know each other. This blog circle that we are in is truly a Gift Of God and HE is using it and us to strengthen each other in HIM.
    Susan

    Just Mom said...

    ... and shoes. Don't forget you guys l-o-v-e shoes.

    weavermom said...

    How fun!!!!

    Lynn said...

    How small our world is. I still can't believe the two of you found each other in the blogging world...and I had NOTHING to do with it!!!

    Big blogging party at my house when I return to the US!

    ... said...

    it's obvious that friendships are made here in bloggyland. it's definitely one of the benefits of blogging. then there are special friendships, like you and sarah. where you would be close friends if you lived in the same neighborhood.

    i'm glad you were able to find a way to meet each other and spend some time gabbing and eating. thanks for sharing that with us.

    Heidi Jo Comes said...

    there is something very admirable in your desire and then follow through to meet the people you have connected with through blogging. knowing the blogger somehow gives the whole blogging thing more validity.

    Tracy said...

    s so funny that even your outfits match! I KNOW you had a great time!

    kdwhorses said...

    What a treat for you both and a blessing! I know I have meet some wonderful people in bloggerville since I started.

    MorningSong said...

    What fun! I love how you've met so many of your blog-friends! :) I didn't know you sold sl@h. I considered that but did not know how I would fit it into my schedule. (You are always surprising me with how you find time to do ALL the things you manage to do!) I am so glad you two were able to meet face to face! Truly a treat!

    Blessings!

    Jenileigh said...

    Great picture and how precious! God is so good! I'm so incredibly happy for the both of you. Hugs!

    Jill said...

    How cool- love the photo! I've recently started reading Short Stop and agree with everything you said. And, of course, I think the same about you, too! :o)

    Anonymous said...

    She was worth the wait to meet her, wasn't she?

    I'm hoping the same is true about you when I finally meet you face to face, hehe!

    Love you both very much!

    Mary@notbefore7 said...

    What fun! Hope you found it OK (ahem)....

    Short Stop said...

    I had a ball! Yes, we'll do it again next time! :)

    And, thank you for the chocolate. I totally forgot to mention how increcibly awesome it is. I'm hoarding the last few pieces! :)