March 28, 2008

It's awful...but it got better!

It's awful I tell ya. It is terrible.

How could they?

Why me?

T and his buddies went to the show yesterday and went to Freightliner - and NO KASEY KAHNE.

What the world? (T just looked over my shoulder and said, "Boy, that's a PA Dutch phrase)

Last year, they not only brought in Kasey Kahne and his #9 car, but they had the #20 (Tony Stewart) car and Richard Petty was here - A NASCAR legend. (Listen to me talk about nascar like I really know my stuff - BAH!)

So, anyway - looks like no pictures of me and Kasey. But that is okay. I'm really not upset. Really, I'm not. But once I get home, I'm canceling my membership in his fan club! HA!

I'm trying to keep positive and think about things like how great my shoes look on my feet and how comfortable my shoes are! Oh, and what great hair days I'm having that I would have looked so good in a picture with Kasey.

But it was not meant to be.

BUT...

I was so blessed yesterday.

In coming to KY, I knew I was a little closer to my friend, Tracy.

We both did some driving (there's nothing quite like driving on unfamiliar roads in POURING rain) and met up at Cracker Barrel. I knew it was her as soon as she stepped in the door!

We had such a wonderful time chatting. We talked about so many different things and shared so many laughs. It was like we've done it so many times before.

Tracy has such a sweet spirit and she totally impresses me with her strong faith in God and the desire to hold on to her convictions! It was such a pleasure to meet you in person Tracy! (Even if ya ribbed me on your blog about drinking coke! haha)



Well, I'm off to go see me some trucks! And yes, Ginger, I'll get some pictures in them for you! YEEHAW!!!!




post signature

18 comments:

MorningSong said...

YEEHAW!! "What the world?" Two phrases that don't quite go together!

I've NEVER heard "What the world" before. :) Fun learning little phrases that are common in other areas of our good ole US of A!

Blessings and fun to you!

... said...

how fun... meeting up with a blogging friend. sounds like you're having a great time. i bet the kids are missing you - and you, them. have a great weekend and safe trip home.

michelle said...

Okay I had to read up on your lastest posts as I could not make heads or tails out of this one. Have to admit I am not up on big truck shows or Kasey...sorry. However I am up on (or like to be) on shoes...now you are talking and i LOVED yours!

Sounds like fun--you are a cool chick!

Tracy said...

BUMMER that Kasey didn't show up. It must be because he's at a truck show around South Dakota!!

TOTALLY kidding. I thought maybe though for a second I'd get you here to meet THIS Tracy!

HA!!!!!

Just Mom said...

LOL at Tracy from SD.

We'll have to try that trick next time.

weavermom said...

What a waste of grandparent days!! *wink*

Anonymous said...

If it weren't for you meeting Tracy I would have thought you were really home and just faking a time away with T. Thank goodness you got the photo of the two of you.

I love Tracy and how much she loves her family and cooking. Her love for the Lord always shines through. You were blessed to be able to meet her.

Susan said...

Sounds like your having a grand time, even without Kasey. I was so happy for you and Tracy when I saw on her blog that the two of you had met!!!!
Susan

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh, such fun! Sorry the truck show has had some let downs, but that was a good pick me up.

Will we see Ginger's head in a truck?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Mary just a huge crack up? I'm trying to figure out why she would ever think you would put my head on a stick. That just sounds sick and wrong, hehe.

I love both of you. You always make me smile!

Susan said...

I've never heard "What the world" before...but I like it. I can see where it might be useful.

I love it that you got to meet your friend...I'm sure that was better than "Kasey" would have been.

Hugs,

Susan

Jen said...

How fun and I love Cracker Barrel!!! Hope you have a good time and I think I would cancel my membership too if I were you! ;)

Shirley said...

I haven't heard "what the world?" in a while! Glad you had a fun trip - looking forward to more pictures :)
S

Kim said...

I just happened upon your blog, but may I say welcome to our fine state from a Louisvillian. I hope you're here for the sunshine today! And I also hope you got some sweet tea while you were here! :)

Unknown said...

I know what fun you must have had meeting Tracy, add to that a Cracker Barrel! YUMMO! One of my favorite places to eat and shop.

Tracy said...

It was such a treat getting to share several hours of real life with you, Leigh Ann! I wish we lived closer. Autumn says to tell you that she'd be happy to live with you for the summer.

I bet you were glad to get back to those little arms and lips!

Jenileigh said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm so happy for you! Hugs

Lori said...

Hey, just catching up on your blog.
How awesome that you and Tracy got to meet. Sounds like a fun time.