However, its late...and two children are still sleeping. They were both up many times during the night so we knew better than to wake them up. T headed out on his own this morning.
Yesterday, the fire company had a preview of what was for sale. My dad came along with the kids and I as we checked everything out.
They have 3 nice picnic tables for sale - hopefully one will be coming home to our house!
They also had a few buggies:
I should have shared yesterday that our fire companies are all volunteer and many of those who serve on them, are Amish.
As we walked around yesterday, there were several Amish men. We walked past two and Elle says, "Look, they're cowboys." (I'm guessing it was the hats). And then Quintin said, "No. They aren't cowboys, they're farmers." I'm not sure if the men heard - I'm just hoping they were farmers and not the woodworkers who made the tables or the men who made the buggies. Crazy kids!

6 comments:
isn't it wonderful to wake up to sunshine! enjoy your day - and sale.
i think you should buy one of the buggies and set it up in your backyard as something the kids can play on and in. or would that be an insult to the amish?
Don't you even know what you paid for YOUR buggy?
Today would be a great day for you to hop in it and head on over!
Just Dad said that Just Son saw a heavy-set man with a white beard (when they were either at McDonald's or the community pool) and asked if he was Santa.
Oh...can't wait to see your new picnic table! post pics!
Fun time...cowboys...yee haw! ;)
I love it...and the buggies are just beautiful. I love nothing more than driving on those country roads and seeing all those sweet families in their buggies...whether they are farmers or woodworkers.
Hope it was a good sale.
Susan
Love those buggies!
Post a Comment