April 17, 2008

I'm a junkie!

I'm a junk food junkie! I have such a sweet tooth that it isn't even funny - 'specially when I step on the scale! HA!


These Fudge Rounds have long been one of my favorites - followed by the Swiss Rolls below! But, a good buddy, Sarah, recently shared with me a recipe for some cookies that taste similar-but-oh-so-much-better! You can find her recipe here. I was gonna post it on my cooking blog - but as I started typing this, I....uh....just ate the last one - and I hadn't taken any pictures of them! LOL!!! I used a devil's food cake mix and some milk chocolate frosting that were in the cupboard (not necessarily to use together, but sometimes when a chocolate attack hits, I go for the frosting!)

So, in honor of a new found chocolate-love, I thought I'd share some other snack food loves. If you haven't tried them - please do! (And know that I'm not getting any kickbacks for sharing this most valuable info with you!)
DUH!!!











I'm sure there are many more - but I want you to stop drooling on your keyboard...so, we'll wrap it up here!

And while these are my favorites, I do not have them all in my cupboard at the same time - I do pratice moderation, ya know!!

What are your favorite snacks? Do you have anything that you just can't live without? I'd love to know ('cause maybe I'll find a new love too!)



post signature

24 comments:

Monica said...

mmm, my mouth is watering now. I too have a gigantic sweet tooth and share your love of desserts! I try not to make too much cause I end up eating it myself. I like to make a batch of brownies, then cut them up and put them in the freezer. Then I get one out whenever the craving hits. And, they're good even when slightly frozen! (also good with mint choco chip ice cream)
My salty indulgence would be gibbles chips with french onion heluva good dip. Addicting.
As far as candy, I LOVE hershey symphony bars with almond and toffee. So yummy, I buy a big bar and keep it in the fridge. It only lasts a few days!

Lynn said...

My sweet tooth tends to lean towards homemade baked goods and ice cream...not so much a candy a'holic.

I also eat a lot of pretzels...Snyder's splits are my favorite (can't get them here), but I also like their snaps (CAN get them here!).

You had me drooling until you ended with the Skittles...got sick after eating too many as a kid, and ever since I have an aversion to all chewy fruit candy.

Anonymous said...

Yum,Yum,Yum!! I love sweets-snicker bars, scotcharoos (just ask "J" when I make them I literally have to place them out of view or I keep eating a little "snack" throughout the day whenever I pass through the kitchen), and mint chocolate chip icecream with homemade hot fudge. I also love g*o*o*d's potato chips with ranch dip.

... said...

i've always had more of a salty tooth than a sweet tooth. don't get me wrong - i love chocolate, candy, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. i just was able to use moderation with the sweets and it was the chips i couldn't keep my hands off.

BUT... since i was diagnosed diabetic, i've had to pretty much give up all the sweets and most of the salty (carbs - not good).

my current favorite snack is a sliced apple with peanut butter. i usually have one a day =)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i'm with diana. salt appeals to me over sweets. actually cheese---mmmmm, i love cheese.

Anonymous said...

That's just mean posting those pictures!

I've lost 7lbs and my new favorites are fruit and veggies. Who knew that they even existed.

No chocolate in this house! Can you believe it?

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I keep affordable Little Debbie's on hand, you know, um, for the kids, ahem, too.

KEEP BELIEVING

MorningSong said...

Yum!! I listed a few snacks I love/like on my blog today!! :)

I haven't had a swiss roll in a while! I am feeling a craving coming on!!

Blessing!

Short Stop said...

And herein lies the reason why we will always and forever be friends:

BRING ON THE JUNK FOOD!

Will be baking another batch of those cookies today...took them all to MOPS and they were gone before I even got in line! :(

Just Mom said...

"And while these are my favorites, I do not have them all in my cupboard at the same time - I do pratice moderation, ya know!!"


r-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight...




;-D

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I have nothing to say to you.

Oh the irony of it all...the irony.

Kelli said...

Hey! Now I'm hungry! I love swiss cake rolls but the deviled cremes are my favorite. I'm going to have to look for that popcorn and I'm a fan of pringles too!
Oooh, I see Monica mentioned the symphony bars with almond and toffee...SO GOOD! :0)
~Kelli

Heather K said...

drooling is for sure!! I'm a salty junkie...although I've had to quit pretty much cold turkey 5 months ago when Randal had back surgery. He has to lose a bunch of excess poundage and I could stand to lose several myself.....soooo...yeah..it doesn't come in the house anymore. :( He's a worse junkie than me...it's pretty much outa sight outa mind for me(not always) so yeah...just have to make sure I eat right, then don't get the cravings too bad...also I think it helps that we don't have tv. I remember when we did....the ads just get your saliva glands working in overdrive!! Anyway..you go ahead and enjoy them for me, Okay?!?? :D

Heather K said...

the other thing in my favour...I've never tasted most of those cake thingys...I don't think most of them are available here...probably American companies. But it's probably a good thing that I haven't tried them...that way I have no idea what I'm missing out on!! :~D

Andrea said...

My favorites always include anything with white flour and white sugar - both no-no's for me. I don't crave candy or icecream but LOVE cookies (dipped in milk of course - in my house that's raw whole milk from Miller's Amish farm or goat milk now that the kids are off cow dairy). Cookies are my downfall - I usually eat an entire roll of Chips Ahoy in a sitting or a roll of thin mints - bad, bad, bad! Epsecially since I've discovered a wheat sensitivity which produces nasty skin issues when I cheat.

Ah...I long for my younger years where I could get away with eating this stuff! But for now (and hereafter) we can't keep it in the house since I have NO will power! But I'm fine to drool over your post - that'll have to do! :-)

Andrea

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Every year, between February and May, I gain 5 lbs. The reason, Cadbury Creme Eggs. Mmmmmmmmm. Best eaten 2 at a time.

Tracy said...

I go in spurts of different things...lately I am enjoying popcorn (the more butter the better) and Twix candy bars.

Yummy!

Susan said...

oh my goodness...I loved this one! For me, it's peanut mandm's

Hugs,

Susan

Myrna said...

OH.MY.GODNESS!
Now that's just sinful!
I have a weakness for chocolate! However, I like the cheesy things, too! In fact, it's hard to think of a snack-type food I would turn down! Maybe--Pork rinds and licorice!!! I guess I have a problem!!

But, of course, I "practice moderation."

Christy said...

I love pretzels of all kinds!

I also love the 100 calorie Kettlecorn bags.

Ummm...when I want something sweet I go for ice cream, brownies, homemae cookies, ect...

Vanessa Cole said...

I'm stopping in after a long time away from visiting and posting, both of which I am now catching up on!

For, me, none of them makes me drool. Oh they used to...until for some weird reason (maybe it's the fact that I'll be 50 this year!) sugar has a really bad effect on my joints and sugar puts me into some kind of joint shock with horrible pain.

I may not be able to eat sugar but I can still bake and still remember! :-)

Vanessa

Jill said...

I usually go for salty over sweet. I love pistachios, too and also almond. Oh...and chips. And lately Cheese Nips. But I do also love me a box of Whitmas chocolate. Any kind will do.

Lori said...

I'm just an old junk food junkie too!!!

MMMN! I love all of those same snacks.

I love anything chocolate like M&M's or Hersey candy bars, or brownies or chocolate chip cookies.
I love chex mix, peanuts, Ruffles potato chips, popcorn.

Tara O said...

BAD FRIEND....sharing those photos...

I love the swiss rolls..semi FROZEN. ;-)

FAve snack...Reese's Peanut butter cups. I have tried to eat so many of them in one sitting so I would make myself sick and not want them anymore. Didn't work. drats