I really do enjoy crafts...and I'm starting to discover, that sometimes through this creative process - God talks to me. One of my current projects is a blanket for a dear friend whom I used to teach with. As I was sewing this weekend, I thought about how the two pieces of material become one. How two unrelated pieces are brought together to create a beautiful pattern. They are brought together with thread that is unseen when looked at. It brought to mind an analogy of a braid and marriage.
I didn't think much more about it, until Saturday night. The kids were in bed, and T was finishing some things up at work. I pulled out my Bible to do some reading because I had some heavy things on my heart. My Bible opened to the book of Ecclesiastes and I began reading. I came to 4:12 -- "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
In the analogy of a braid, a braid can appear to have only two strands of hair. But it is impossible to create a braid with only two strands. If the two can be put together at all, they would quickly unravel.
The mystery of a braid is that the two strands actually require a third. Though not immediately evident, the third strand is what actually holds the other two together.
That's what marriage is like. God, in the midst of two lives, woven together with His, coming together to form that threefold cord that's not easily broken.
God is the only third party that can make a marriage work.
And He manifests His presence when we submit ourselves to His truth.
Love rejoices in The Truth!
May we submit ourselves to His truth. And may we continue to search and find More of Him in our daily activities.
To read More of Him, visit Heather at Not a DIY Life.

15 comments:
AWESOME POST!
Beautiful!
Great post, Leigh Ann. I feel close to God when I'm creating and crafting, too. Perhaps because He's the first Creator!
Wonderful post LA! So true and so beautiful.
WOW.
It's so amazing how God speaks through our creativity. I love it when He does that, and I'm SO glad you shared it today.
What a great post!
beautiful post, LA. not only is it important in how a braid is formed, but it's amazing how strong it is. and that's a God thing.
I posted about this same verse last week - Hubby and I had it read at our wedding. I KNEW that about the braid, but I've never seen it written out before. What a wonderful reminder for keeping God as the foundation of a marriage!
Thanks so much for going us for More of Him!
Yes, AL, I was going to give a joking response, but hesitated since I was so early to comment....
But since you asked for it...
Where is my blanket?
And welcome back AL!
If you check out my current post you will understand why I don't quite connect with the craft part.
I do love what you've shared and love even more how God spoke to you in every day life.
Just MD stalking you....
That's just beautiful!! thanks for sharing. I love how He spoke to you here.
Hugs,
Susan
Strength in unity and prayer for sure! Wonderful post.
When I linked here from Ginger's post about her new "craft" I was still laughing about her sock, then I saw the word craft on your post. I'm out of the loop I guess. I need to get crafting!
Wow! That is so great that God takes your hobbies and gives you His perspective! Truly a blessing!
This verse from Eccl. was the key verse in our wedding! It was so important to us since my side of the family aren't believers and we wwanted to emphasize how nothing can be woven together in strength w/o the Lord!
He truly is the creator of our creativity - I am so glad for that gift to us!
Very nice!
Andrea
Oh, yes! It is God that holds it together--We couldn't have done it any other way!
Post a Comment