
Thursday was a beautiful day. After mowing the lawn (and getting my first official sunburn of 2008), I found this:
He had his drawing pencils and sketch book and was creating this:
"Two rotted trees with a stump in the middle"I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him out there with his sketchbook. We hadn't worked in it since early last Fall, but he remembered all the details of those times: the sketch book, the pencil case stocked with pencils, erasers, and pencil sharpener and then, the blanket!! It was such a precious moment to see him sketching...and inspired by nature.
Seeing that reminded me of another one of his drawings. We were talking about the color red, and here is what he created:

And, it was inspired by this:

YEP! That is my Green Eggs & Ham book from when I was a wee-one! (Back in the days when my sister was still telling me my name was hyphenated!)
While Quintin didn't copy my bunny's Easter baskets in hand, he did offer his bunny many carrots from which to choose for a yummy meal!
Drawing is not something I would do for pleasure - but I receive so much pleasure in seeing Quintin's artistic interpretations of his life and the world around him. What a joy to see his inspirations come to life whether it be in pencil or crayon!

17 comments:
Absolutely AWESOME!
love your artwork, too, btw.
Love the drawing! What a gorgeous day to be inspired.
What a beautiful day to be out drawing! Your little man is a wonderful artist!
Hugs,
Kelli
It really is a joy isn't it to catch them in these moments of creativity and self entertainment. I love it. Good job, Quentin.
I just wanted to invite you by my place and enter my giveaway! I'll see you soon!
JM took my words!
But, I'll type them anyway...
Absolutely AWESOME!
You are the perfect mother to nuture that gift that God has given him.
NO, I am not taking a computer on my trip. I will be totally away from blogging for the 9 days we are gone.
Susan
i think God created ALL of us to be creative. that's more evident when we're young. a lot of us lose touch with it as we get older.
i think your encouragement to him is inspiration.
i forgot to add how beautiful his artwork is. way to go quintin!
What a perfect setting to draw! Love the creations! What truly treasured memories.
The grass looks great too!
Those are amazing!!
Dawson also enjoys drawing although I KNOW he didn't get that from me. I still draw STICK people! :)
That green grass makes me green with envy! What awesome drawings...he is very talented!
Makes me wish I was little again and my girls as well.
That is adorable. Do continue to support his creativity!
Now that is just 100% sweet. I love it that you caught the picture of him doing it and the picture of his artwork.
Beautiful...
:-) Susan
stat counter beefing
Great job Quintin!!
Absolutely precious that he had the urge to draw and gathered all his things! So sweet!
:)
Post a Comment