February 24, 2007

Bumbo, bird feeder & my dog

Now if that title didn't grab your attention - I don't know what will!
First, Bumbo - have you heard of these? I just bought one yesterday. It is a seat designed to sit a baby in an upright position. The box says 3-14 months - we've got a week until C is 3 months, so I gave it a try and Voila - he's sitting and he likes it. It makes C look like his knees come right out of his belly, but I think that is because it is a deep seat. I love it and recommend them - I can't wait until he can hold onto his toys and play sitting up. I would rather sit up and watch what is going on rather than be laying on my back (but, hey, maybe that is just me:)
Second, our bird feeder. We made our pine cone bird feeders this morning. We used some smaller pine cones and coated them with peanut butter and rolled them in bird seed. Q helped me make them and E ate the peanut butter.
Here Birdie Birdie!
And lastly, Riley, our lovable, playful, lazy bichon frise! Riley will be 9 in May, I guess you could say he was our first child :) He is great with the children and he barely sheds, we do have to have him 'groomed' every now and then, but hey, doesn't everyone deserve a good haircut?

8 comments:

Lori said...

Cute pictures!!

I have never seen one of those C seats. I bet they would be nice though. As you mentioned that way you could have your baby propped upright and that way he can see.

We've made those bird feeders before too. That is a fun thing to do!!

Teresa said...

I have been hearing of those baby seats. I wish they had those when my kids were babies. It is such a hard age from 3mo-5mo because it seems as though they get bored laying on the floor but are too little for the exersaucer and other baby toys.
The bird feeders are a great idea, I will definitely be trying them when Spring officially arrives. I love the picture of them looking out the window. :)

Susan said...

Precious, adorable family....even the dog!

Anonymous said...

I just posted a comment to you and then somehow it didnt work because it said the internet was down for me :(
so Ill try again :)
I just wanted to say Hi and that I love the pictures...your kids are super-cute!!! Love the baby in the special chair....so cute!

CANDY

Anonymous said...

YAY it worked!!! :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

The face on that baby is hilarious. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great seat. I remember that stage with my kids and it's so hard, too little to sit, too big to just be on the floor all the time. We did the bird feeders, too. Great memory for me. Some of those things I have long forgotten until I read you younger mom's posts. Sweet family!

weavermom said...

I DO like the seat - and C looks so cute!

Great pictures!