February 2, 2007

tick...tick...tick...goes the clock

The countdown is on. Baby C is now 8 weeks old and we've taken a long enough break from preschool. Yeah, we've done little bits here and there...but I'm talking getting back into Interlock. I am missing the structure, but feeling very anxious about starting back in. My concerns, you ask...1) Before the baby was born, E would sleep in late and Q and I had a nice chunk of time to work...now, what will happen? 2) Will Q have lost interest or will he be ready to jump back into studying the days of Creation? 3) If C needs fed, will we be able to keep working or will the 'moment' be lost for the day? 4) If E wakes up early, will I be able to find something to keep her occupied while sitting at the table with us? 5)...give me some time...I can come up with another one to keep stalling! :-)

I've been praying that the Lord will smooth out any bumps we may encounter and I've asked Him to take away my anxieties. I also reflected on the reasons why we've started this journey.

After writing this, and stopping to pray along the way - I already feel more at peace and I know whatever happens - it will all work out for the good. God is good - all the time!

1 comment:

weavermom said...

It will totally work out - it may take a bit to find the new rhythm, but you can do it!

And yes, if you have to feed the baby you will lose Q. :) Punkin would draw for a few minutes, but mostly I lost her. Sometimes I could feed and read a book at the same time. Sometimes I played Simon Says with her while feeding - that at least kept her attention on being with me. :)

Have you checked out the Preschoolers & Peace site - there are some great ideas there for E! The link is on my blog.

(Cheerleader style) You can do it! You can do it! Q will love it! You can do it!
:) he he