We didn't get to ski in Vermont with T's family this year because of C being born in December. So, T took Q to a small ski area about an hours drive from us.
They left in the truck only 30 minutes after Q woke up. I stayed home with E and C for a long-needed morning of house cleaning. Oh Yippee, my favorite thing!! [insert sarcastic laugh and rolling eyes here]
They left at 8 and were home by 1:15 (remember it was a one hour drive both ways). As they pulled in the garage, I stuck my head out motioning for a thumbs up/thumbs down sign from T. He only smiled and I thought oh no. As Q got out of the truck he ran over to me and I thought "oh wonderful, he's coming to tell me how much fun he had skiing with Daddy." No. He ran over to tell me how cool the stuff was that he got with his McDonald's Happy Meal and he was off to play with his sister.
As T walks in I start asking all kinds of questions to find out what happened. "Was he happy?" "Did he enjoy it?" "Was he crying the whole time?" "Did you even get him in boots and skis?"
Well, Q had a great time, only crying once :) He went up the chair lift without any problems (my first chair ride? I was scared to ride the lift for fear of it stopping and the cable breaking - but I've come a long way)
They did about 8 or 9 runs down "Fanny Hill". Funny, I learned on that one too and it is named that for a reason!
T, being the wonderful husband and father he is, graciously brought back a few pictures for this momma to cry over! My boy was skiing!
So, it was a wonderful field trip - and we'll classify that under PE. Funny thing is, as much time as I spent on my fanny learning to ski, I am actually fairly athletic and I was a Physical Education teacher before we had children :)
Lunch for 2 at McDonald's: $10
The look on this little boy's face while skiing with Daddy: Priceless
A good nap was had by all!
4 comments:
What a sweet post! By the way, I love the sweet picture on your side bar with the Matt. 11:30 reference. Toooo cute!
What a beautiful day! I can see why you cried over the picture. :)
Ah, it's hard to be left behind when they're having fun, isn't it. That last picture is too precious.
Hiya! Thanks for the blog address...why didnt I think of that! LOL
Anyways, yeah I tried to click on your name when you posted a comment to get to your site and it would pull up your profile but your profile no longer has your website on it to click on. Maybe you clicked "do not display my blog" by mistake? Or maybe its just not showing by blogger for some reason by mistake.
ANYHOO--- :) I found you now and I have you in my favorites on my computer.
Great post and cute pictures!!
Post a Comment